Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've disconnected your battery for service and/or repairs for any length of time, you need to follow the following procedure to:
  1. Reset your Window Auto-Up Feature,
  2. Insure your ESP is properly calibrated.
BATTERY RECONNECTION
Note: This reconnection procedure is to be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.
1. Connect the battery negative cable (2) to the battery
post and tighten the clamp nut.
2. Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.

CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information as applicable.

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module
needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected
for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then
drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for
any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the
wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
I didn't realize you had to do any of this after disconnecting the battery. Good info Michael.
I've disconnected the battery before without running into any of these problems. How long does the battery have to be off for?

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my battery disconnected for about an hour and noticed my window auto up didn't work...did some research and found this info so I thought it would be helpful.

Your time may vary and I'm not exactly sure how long it takes before you have to do the procedures. I was surprised to read this info. It's a good thing to know, IMHO!

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My ESP/BAS light kept coming on, too...LOL...so that's when I really dug into the research! LMAO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts