Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this general topic has been discussed, for srt owners holding down the esp button for 5 seconds disables it. Although the 15mph and turning the ignition to the right seems to only work on a handful of cars. For mine neither technique worked. For kicks and giggles I took out fuse 17, all of the abs esp and brake lights where on, the speedometer did not work, the auto stick did not work, it also seemed like I was stuck in 1st gear and the automatic transmission would not gear up. But boy did that baby slide, fuse 17 controls the abs and esp along with the speedometer and autostick, as well as the transmission not gearing up, the reverse sensors did not work either atleast that’s all I noticed. So pulling fuse 17 seems to cause more problems than it solves. In other discussions links to diy NoEsp and almost all the links return an error page stating it’s no longer available. Does anyone else with the same car as me have any experience with disabling ESP? Apparently the ignition trick works on the 2006 300c 5.7l v8 hemi AWD, but does not seem to work for my RWD. I would love to do some drifting without possibly burning out something from being in 1st gear with fuse 17 pulled and not spinning out or “stuttering” when esp is turned “off” only like 70% off though. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m probably just going to be getting the NoEsp box from Z Automotive, I just wonder if there is a free or cheaper way to disable ESP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts