Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Z I need your advice on this one..
2 chrysler 300c srtdesign and 1 chrysler 300c srt8 have a ignition problem. We went to 2 different dealers because after we let the car sit for about 9+ hours in cold conditions or over night an sometimes in normal conditions, the car over cranks and makes a knock sound when trying to turn engine on. As a important fact this problem does not occur if turn engine on under 8 hours of letting car sit.
The dealer does not ackwonledge the problem saying is not a defect.
Looking for an advice of what could the problem be.
Thanks you

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hey Z I need your advice on this one..
2 chrysler 300c srtdesign and 1 chrysler 300c srt8 have a ignition problem. We went to 2 different dealers because after we let the car sit for about 9+ hours in cold conditions or over night an sometimes in normal conditions, the car over cranks and makes a knock sound when trying to turn engine on. As a important fact this problem does not occur if turn engine on under 8 hours of letting car sit.
The dealer does not ackwonledge the problem saying is not a defect.
Looking for an advice of what could the problem be.
Thanks you

I'm not understanding what your saying here... What does this mean?

<< 2 chrysler 300c srtdesign and 1 chrysler 300c srt8 have a ignition problem.>>

Do you have two seperate cars having the same problem? If so that would be really odd...

As for the problem itself. Your saying if the car sits in the cold for > 8hours it starts hard and has a knock. Is that correct? If so, is the knock heard after the car actually starts or before it starts? And what does "over cranks" exactly mean? Are you saying the Starter motor is not dis-engaging after the engine fires?

Sorry to ask so many questions. It's hard to understand exactly what the issue is here...

--

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm a member of a 300 auto club in new jersey. And in 3 of the members cars this problem happens, mine is the 300c it happens also.
The knock happens right after the car starts. And the (over cranks) means that it does start right away it takes longer to start. I know is not something huge, but 3 of us have that problem.
Thanks for the interest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts