Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum, I have a 2011 Chrysler 300C that I have had since it first came out. It has all the bells and whistles on her and I love this car. I would however like to upgrade my infotainment Uconnect system to a more modern unit, Like a 2018 or newer with Android connect, navigation and more. Has anyone here done this ?I would like your input.

·
Registered
508 Posts
One or two Charger owners claim to have done this, but have refused to offer any information at all on the swap.

I don't think it's possible.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One or two Charger owners claim to have done this, but have refused to offer any information at all on the swap.

I don't think it's possible.
Thanks. I am not sure why it would be so difficult. All of the necessary connections are there, and the software should be self contained in the unit.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The wiring is different, for starters.

The other issue is that the correct audio system type has to be configured in the BCM. Skipping this step may or may not impact functionally of the entertainment and/or climate control systems, but I don't think it's safe to assume that a BCM created in 2011 will offer a configuration selection for a 2018 radio.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wiring is different, for starters.

The other issue is that the correct audio system type has to be configured in the BCM. Skipping this step may or may not impact functionally of the entertainment and/or climate control systems, but I don't think it's safe to assume that a BCM created in 2011 will offer a configuration selection for a 2018 radio.
Thanks again for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts