Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 300C SRT8. Preditor tuner, K&N filter inside OEM air box. Nothing special... The last time I drove it (couple of nights ago) the shift points were higher than normal and the shifts were harder. Normal around town driving never went WOT never used auto stick. I parked the car over night on a cold bay area night (30 to 35 degrees F) The next morning I went to start it and it turned over RPMs went up to about 1200-1500 like a normal cold start and then immediately dropped to 0. (Car died out) After three atempts to start it and the same result I switched vehicle to get to my destination. I came home later that day and started several times with the same problem. I held the throttle at 12% and it would stay running. It died out several times through this prosess if I released the throttle. Once the car was warm (Engine temp avove 100F) I could take my foot off the throttle and it would run by its self with the RPMs surging between 400 & 900 RPM. No idiot lights on and nothing on the digital heads up display.... WTF? Anyone else have this problem or heard of it?
PS- Engine oil level is good, and trans fluid is good and does not smell or look burnt.:kap:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Not sure if this has any thing to do with it but I had a similar problem with my mothers jeep last year. On the cold days it would start up and so the same thing you car was doing. I would have to sit there and and apply the gas to get the temp up there. There was no check engine lights or anything and had the car scanned and it came out to be a bad O2 sensor. Replaced it and the problem went away..

Not sure if this helps or is even the problem but figured id throw it out there lol

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
What tune are you running? Try going back to stock tune and putting the proper octane gas in it. Or even just reload the current tune. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sounds like it has something to do with your tune. Send your tune to diablosport.com the website has a how to if your not familiar with the software. I recommend Johan (diablosporttoona) but anyone in the diablosport forum can check if there are flaws in the tune. You will likely need to data log. Hope that helps.

-Dino

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my initial thought too... vacuum... Without removing any covers I visually check and vucuum lines seem to be in tact. I will be getting busy on it tonight with the Preditor and a Modis. Thanks for your input, and I will repost any findings to help others.. Cross your fingers I don't end up at the stealership!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well she is back in comission!!!! 1st think I did was pull the tune out of the car.... That was it!!! She is good now. Installed the 9R27 predator update and reinstalled. All is A OK. Thanks to all for the insight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts