Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - we are new owners of a gorgeous 2012 Chrysler 300 - it's been ours all of 3 days, I think. We have wanted this car for a long time and now we've got it. When we're not in it, we're looking out the window at it. And we have therefore noticed something odd.

When the car is off (and has been off for a while, for hours, even), the instrument cluster lights come on all by themselves. After a few moments, they go off. Then they're on again. Then they're off. We might be standing near the car when this happens, or be inside the house, and the ignition key is not in a pocket or anything like that. This is just really weird. I'm thinking this can't be good for the battery, like a little juice has got to be running each time this happens.

Anyone heard of this before? I found this forum because I was Googling the problem but really didn't find any mention of it anywhere online. Do we have an electrical problem or is there a setting we can adjust to make this stop? I want to love this car, not worry about it. FYI, 31K miles on it, and it was a rental before we adopted it.

Thanks for your comments/advice etc.!

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you walk by with the key FOB in your pocket it will turn on the lights. As far as on when your in the house, I would suggest maybe one of the buttons on the FOB was hit.

Also if anyone grabs the handle or hits the lock button on the door handle this will also turn the lights on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were figuring proximity to the key fob might have something to do with it. Originally the key was hung on a hook inside, but only about 10 feet from the car (driveway is very close to the house). We moved the key fob to another room in the house, now maybe 20 feet away now, and it is happening less but still happening occasionally. Sensitive!
On a better note, took the car out for a long Sunday morning cruise today. What a pleasure to drive this thing. Truly a living room on wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you locate the problem? I have a 2011 300 and it is doing the same thing. Fobs are in the house a good distance away from the car and the instrument cluster lights turn on and off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts