Interior LED Conversion - 2015 Updates - 300S

Discussion in 'Custom Chrysler 300 Interior and Exterior Lighting' started by Tony300S, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tony300S

Tony300S New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    Hey guys, I decided to start a new thread for my 2015 300S Interior LED conversion because many of the bulb types and bulb locations I reviewed have changed since the older LED threads were posted.

Additionally, I specify "Interior" conversion because on MY15, most, if not all the exterior bulbs (Fog Lamps/License Plate Lamps/Side Mirror Indicators/DRL's) are already factory LED's, and nice white ones at that. :smileup:

Interior LED Type/Quantity Listing: (These may vary by model, I can only confirm 2015 300S)

Trunk Lamp - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon (AKA Type 561/562/563/567/ 564/566/570)

Rear Door Puddle Lamps - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon

Front Door Puddle Lamps - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon

Rear Map/Dome Lamps - 2 x T10 Wedge Bulb (AKA Type W5W/168/194/921...etc)

Front Map/Dome Lamps - 2 x T10 Wedge Bulb

Glove Box Lamp - 1 x T10 Wedge Bulb

Visors/Vanity Mirrors - *Pending Confirmation

The LED Bulbs I Used - Total Cost $23.58 ($1.18 Per Bulb w/ Spares):

[​IMG]
    10 x Super White 44mm 5050 6 SMD Rigid Loop Festoon Door Map LED Light 561 562 | eBay

[​IMG]
    10x T10 White High Power 5630 6 SMD Interior Reverse LED Light Bulb 921 912 906 | eBay

Let's just say I am LED obsessed...:4-looney: I've been successfully swapping/converting automotive bulbs for about 12-years now across many makes of vehicles owned and in the family including Jeep, Scion, Infiniti, Hyundai, Lincoln and now Chrysler. I will say a lot has changed for the better in LED technology over these years, and I have learned a lot through trial and error spanning countless brands, bulbs and LED styles.

That being said, for the most part I no longer support the "Big Guys" such as V-LEDS, Diode Dynamics, Autolumination, DDM Tuning, SuperBrightLeds, etc. for several reasons. #1 They are OVERPRICED. #2 They are often still pushing OLD LED technology. #3 Their bulb quality/reliability are FOR THE MOST PART no better than REPUTABLE, TOP-RATED eBay wholesalers. In many cases I would even suspect the big guys are using the same wholesalers that you can deal with directly without the markup based on IDENTICAL bulbs I have received.

So there's my background rant, and my personal experiences, the choice is yours..... I do have a list of trusted go-to eBay suppliers, so feel free to hit me up via PM or on the thread for LED suggestions or any install questions/problems. :wavey:

*** Before & After pictures will be uploaded as soon as I get through installation - Pending Dome/Map Lamps and Glove Box as of 7/30/15 ***

Attached Files:

2. zbadwan45

zbadwan45 New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Looking great Brother!!!!

Looking at your before and after pics, it actually shows a big difference!!! It looks real good! I am about to order the same bulbs then. Can u plz keep us posted on how the rest of the installation went and if u can include pics that would be amazing! I a newbie lol

3. UltraNutZ

UltraNutZ New Member

Vehicle:
    300S
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2016
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    My ride is a 2016 300S model.

5 months have passed now since you started this thread and your install so I'd like to know if you still think you made the right decisions with the LEDs you chose and did you ever confirm the LEDs needed for the vanity lights?

I'm disappointed in Chrysler because all lights outside and even some interior are LED (such as the ambient lighting) but the map lights, puddle lights, vanity lights are all incandescent bulbs.

Anyways, I want to change all those bulbs to LEDs but there are literally thousands of options out there and IMO and IME most are the same manufacturers just being sold by the "name brands" for much higher prices.

Thanks for your time,
    Todd

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. Rustyp1963

Rustyp1963 New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2012
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Mineral Grey
    Map Lights

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 and I just updated my interior/exterior lights to LED's. Actually the only bulbs I have left to change are the front turn signal lights and the map lights. I know which LED's I'm going to use for the front turn signals, my question is for the interior map lights. Can anyone explain or tell me how to replace the bulb behind the magnifying lens that gives the map light its intensity I've removed the dome light cover which exposes the dome light and the map light. So, how do I remove the map light bulb? I really would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

5. link6381

link6381 New Member

Vehicle:
    300s
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2015
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    Hey everyone,

Well, I went ahead and used Tony's info & sources to do this project on my new '15 300s. So far, it's looking fantastic... so much better. Additionally for my own touch, I used deep blue for the puddle lamps instead of white and man does it look great since it exactly matches the dash/nav display color. I had done a similar project on my old WJ Jeep GCL and everyone always commented on the LEDs inside, especially valet guys.

Anyhow, I noticed when replacing the front seat dome lamps that there is a smaller round light next to the large T10 bulb. Thing is, now its ugly gold next to superwhite. I looked at it more and it appears to be fixed into the 300's OEM wiring with a chip/board-type light but not a nice white LED. Is anyone else familiar with this and how, if at all possible... can we change this to get pure white up there.

I'll try and get some lighting pics up after I get rest of the bulbs installed.

BTW, I'm also looking for a solid resource to buy a discounted service/repair manual in book or DVD format for 2015-16 300 LX.

Any help/input much appreciated!

Rustyp1963 likes this.
  6. Sac300v6

Sac300v6 New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    Any led recommend for a 2005 300?