Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I looked down as I put the Hundo into drive today and I saw what I thought was a smudge or a piece of food or a booger or something... I rubbed a bit with no success and when I finally used my fingernail, I realized that it was a paint chip (which I obviously didn't help). Any suggestions on how I can keep it from spreading as well as cover up the chipped area? Thanks!

paintchip.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
I'm guessing that you have an 08? Mine doesn't look like that with the extra ring. I'd suggest taking that piece off and painting it to match the car...or back the same.

I didn't think there was anything painted in the car from the factory at all though...seems like it would all be dyed plastic.

Otherwise get a fine touch up brush and try to match the paint...flat black? Won't be perfect but won't be as bad as the booger look..lol

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
just pop it out and paint it either different color

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ultimate,

You were close - its an old clunker '05 haha. Could be a good call on the plastic though - I didn't take a close enough look at it to be able to tell whether its paint or plastic (if it IS plastic... it's definitely not a hard plastic). I'll have a quick gander in a bit. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
that black ring your referring too you have a few options.
1. replace it for another black ring:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213794&chapter=DR3NW05&appSectionid=2648&groupid=2648&subgroupid=5763&componentid=0&make=7&model=300&year=2005&graphicID=NW05435&callout=4&catalogid=2

2. replace it for a chrome ring.
3. sand prep paint. lots of guys did this
4. There is a company for around $70 bucks that wraps them in leather that looks pretty friggin sharp.
Good luck on your choice keep us posted!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Todd -

Which company were you talking about that could leather wrap it? sounds like something I'd def be interested in!

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I scuffed off the chrome on mine and did a flat black paint job on it. Easy to do. Used a good quality RustOLeum primer and flat black paint. Looks like this is the easiest fix out there.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
I believe the gang at 22elite/the console cover can wrap it for you.Give James a call
yes jim is right james does do this, not sure on his exact cost but if i remember its anywhere btw 70-100. His work is very professional high quality and his turnaround time is rediculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts