Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to be posting asks that have recently been done or get lost in old tech threads hunting for the cutting edge stuff. My interest is naturally asperated 2016 3.6 mods and I am sure there are a hundred people on this board that have done exactly what I am looking for. Just a recent link folks, thanks.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My interest is naturally asperated 2016 3.6 mods and I am sure there are a hundred people on this board that have done exactly what I am looking for.
I don't think so.

The Pentastar already comes from the factory pushing 80 HP/litre, which is more than any stock, normally aspirated Hemi. Chrysler just didn't leave a lot of power on the table.

Even if that wasn't true, the 3.6 isn't a mod-friendly design. There's no such thing as aftermarket cams or headers for it. About all you can do is a tune, and swap the crappy single-into-dual splitter exhaust for true duals, either from a 300C or aftermarket. Might be good for, say, 10 HP total.

While you're at it, swapping in some beefier BR5 brakes from a 300C is a good idea.

If you're into engine mods, the 5.7 is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah usually the best BPU mod for a 6 cylinder is to trade it in for the V8:). This is my little bro's car and he just thinks it doesn't feel like 300hp so his goals may be more modest than many. I have read the very best Penta CAI can add 13hp and Diablosport claims another 15hp. If there is any kind of exhaust tweak that pull another 10 that is almost 40hp so that should be noticeable (if the claims are true). I have not heard anything much positive on throttle body upgrades for internally stock 3.6s so my question is maybe for those who tried Diablo or other canned tunes. What did you actually get? People love Overkill, so is that the way to go?

I think a gear swap might work better anything else so if the tune and CAI are somewhat legit that is kind of a good place to end?

·
Registered
551 Posts
The only real restriction is the single-into-dual exhaust. That robs you of 8 HP, at least, according to Chrysler.

CAIs are just noisemakers on the Pentastar. A properly designed long ram might be worth 3-5 HP, if you can find one, but I don't think even Legmaker offers one anymore.

I use Diablosport tuners on my 5.7s, but they're no great shakes, performance-wise. I like them for tweaking shift points and the like. I'd be surprised if they add any real power on a stock engine.

As far as a gear swap, forget it. The whole point of the 8HP trans is the crazy low-cut first and second gears. If you swap to 3.90 or something similar, the cost-to-benefit ratio is very poor.

Exhaust and brakes are the only performance mods I'd ever consider on a 3.6, unless a blower is in your budget, and even then, I'd suggest stepping up to the 5.7 instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts