Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just got back from runnin' at the local 1/8th. I got a 5.7 with aria carbon fiber CAI, diablo 93 CAI tune+quick adjust(tranny), custom cat back with flowmaster mufflers, and 245/55/18 bfg tires. well i ran a 9.255 1st run then 3 more runs all in the 9.50 range. my question is when i had my superchips flashpaq tune on there, i ran a constant 9.12 - 9.18 and i had just goodyear comfortread tires on it (stock size). my butt dyno tells me diablo is the winner, but the numbers at the track show superchips a tad quicker. is this possible? track is the same one i always go to, been going there for years now so i am very familiar with it. i just dont see how the superchip outperformed my diablo at the track. has anyone else ran into issues like this? i didnt want to spend close to 350 to go slower down the track.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
well a couple things with the tuner you can get on a dyno have a someone make some adjustments and i gurantee you will but the superchips to shame. also are you sure you did whats right quick adjusting your tranny?

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Was the D/A, track prep and everything else EXACTLY the same as you're last runs? Time can make lots of changes. The fact that you're first run was almost the same and then it got worse...that to me suggests that it was warm, and the engine was progressively getting hotter as you're runs were done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in the quick adjust, i raised shift points to 6000, firm shifts, and reset tcm adaptation. other than that, 93 cai tune and idle is raised 200 rpm.

well the track was the same but weather of coarse was different. most of my past superchip runs have been in the summer time, 90-95 out. last night was low 80s at the most. humidity is always high around here. first run car was at 195, next three runs the cars was at 206-210

i understand i should get a CMR tune even though im fairly stock. the local shop said $275 for a few dyno pulls with a/f metering, and said i would get about 10hp to the wheels at best with my setup. not sure that would get me down the track quicker than the superchips or not. its just strange that i launch the car the same way every time. it seems i have no power until i hit 30 or so mph. once im over 30, she takes off real nice. would a CMR help much with bottom end?

·
Registered
517 Posts
As the knowledgeable folks above stated there may be all kinds of variances which will affect your ET. What should be the tale is your ET speed. Did it change ?

Also raising the shift points higher may not be as beneficial as you may think if you are still stock. Specially if you are using the 93 octane tune on the predator.

Try the 91 octane tune even if you are using 93 octane.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ujokin2
i just want to say its not fair, i want your chally
9.7 in the 1/4 vs my 9.5 in the 1/8
wanna run for pinks? hahah

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.55 gear is getting installed thursday, so after break-in im going to get a cmr tune then hit up the track again. only time will tell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts