Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I''m interested in buying a 300, I'm not sure witch one yet. I want people to talk me into buying one. I'm easy, I usually buy the first thing that I see and like. Right now I'd have to drive 60 miles to test drive one.

Does everyone who has a 300 love it? How expensive are replacement parts?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Um...no. I've been chasing rattles and clunks on mine for five years, and if you search, you'll find plenty of oddball, difficult to diagnose problems.

Parts aren't particularly expensive, unless you need something really rare like an ABS module for a 2008 300C that's basically vaporware.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi, I don't recommend any 1 Gen from 2010, Company was going down and Fiat is not much better for quality parts. I would also skip 2011 and 2012 model because they probably where the bench test for the new 2nd Gen. Some late model 2017 and up have trouble with transmission right out of the Dealer and need to be flash. Should have been fix by now. Mechanic wise the car is very easy DIY and parts are only expensive if you by OE Brand. 3rd party parts are good quality, average price but last about 1/2 the time. So depends how much you want to put in. I got mine brand new and it took about 5 year before I started to put any money on parts (other then maintenance). Now it's about 1 to 2k a year ( canadian ) and I do most of the work myself. You need to have the brake service 2 to 4 time a year depending on weather. They get stuck and over heat if not maintain (1st gen 2010 on my car any way). BUT with all that said, nice car, spacious, very comfortable to drive, ( little bumpier on the sport package ). And does not require much special tools ( so far only had to buy Tork set ). However a few people run in strange problem that are hard to find. But I would not say it's across the board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I don't recommend any 1 Gen from 2010, Company was going down and Fiat is not much better for quality parts. I would also skip 2011 and 2012 model because they probably where the bench test for the new 2nd Gen. Some late model 2017 and up have trouble with transmission right out of the Dealer and need to be flash. Should have been fix by now. Mechanic wise the car is very easy DIY and parts are only expensive if you by OE Brand. 3rd party parts are good quality, average price but last about 1/2 the time. So depends how much you want to put in. I got mine brand new and it took about 5 year before I started to put any money on parts (other then maintenance). Now it's about 1 to 2k a year ( canadian ) and I do most of the work myself. You need to have the brake service 2 to 4 time a year depending on weather. They get stuck and over heat if not maintain (1st gen 2010 on my car any way). BUT with all that said, nice car, spacious, very comfortable to drive, ( little bumpier on the sport package ). And does not require much special tools ( so far only had to buy Tork set ). However a few people run in strange problem that are hard to find. But I would not say it's across the board.
Thanks for the information, that was very thorough

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think would go new for the first time in my life lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got lucky and found a guy who babied a 2006 300 base but if I had the money probably would go for a 3.6 but I'm all about gas mileage I don't drive much but when I do I drive far so for me it matters RWD's are cheaper to repair driveline wise or if you like to go fast they have hemi's which have a nice punch to them the only key maintenance you keep up with it your golden 3.5's have timing belts which I avoid like the plague heard to many horror stories if they pop

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had fear of timing belts from the 80s to the 2000s up to this point after 2007 I was a GM/Honda guy Chrysler was not in my specialty but then again I had numerous cars with less than reliable ratings so I kind of like challenges when I see one had a 3.8 lit Buick get to 200,000 miles without a hitch but belts for timing never sat well with me I got American V6s and 8s after my first car which was a Nissan with a timing belt(it never broke but it was always in back of my mind I just dont feel a rubber/fiber belt can handle stresses of day to day driving like a chain can)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts