Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 07 300c srt8 with 22" runnin 265/35r22. The driver side has plenty of clearance but the driver side doesn't have much. Wondering if the knuckle is slightly bent or maybe an optical illusion. The tire is noticeably leaning in more than driver if you're looking for it or know what you're looking for. Also the gap between tire and outer wheel well is shorter on passenger side. Thinking maybe spring has become weak to cause that. I am parked on a non-level street but its just a normal street with the road arced to drain water. I don't think its enough to effect the suspension at all but will measure when at parking lot or gas station. I did have a wheel alignment done today too and passenger side is only .5 degrees more than driver side. The first pic is left side, second is right side, third is right side, forth is left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but the way I see this part moving when I do my maintenance, has long has the bolt dont touch the tire it should be fine. since the part move up and down whit the suspension.

The difference in height might be from use, it might also be a setting to compensate for the way the road are made. The side of the road is always lower then the center for rain. I saw a similar letter in a truck magazine where this difference in height was normal.

But I would definetely ask a mechanic to confirm.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Sal, the only 2 way the knuckle in those picture can be closer to the wheel is because of how it is made. Or it was bent. I think it's made that way, so to make room with the bolt, you will have to grind it down a little. and might need a small spacer to push the wheel out a little. I'm not a fan of cutting the bolt, has you will lose the hole to take it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts