Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
It can be done DIY. Cost depends on the shop that does them. Expect no less than 400.
LSD = the ONLY lambo door kit you should be looking at. Search for all the lambo threads on this forum and you'll see why.

G'luck.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I'd go with the LSD IF you were going to do shows with the car, otherwise, they are played out, it's a nightmare for those constantly letting people in and out of the car

Played out or not, lambos are certainly not for show cars only. The only nightmares are from non-LSD hinges. Having to "teach" someone how to shut your door so that it aligns properly and doesn't cause damage as you shut it -- NOT a problem w/ LSD. They align and shut perfectly. Barely having enough room to squeeze out the door -- NOT a problem w/ LSD. They open wide and then go up. Worrying about the door slamming down on you -- NOT a problem w/ LSD. Having concerns about the door/hinge if involved in a collision -- NOT a problem w/ LSD.

If you've never seen or felt the difference between LSD and its so called competition, go out to a M&G w/ someone who has the LSD kit. You won't be disappointed. If you decide to do it on the cheap and save several hundred bucks, yes, you will have all sorts of nightmares.

·
Banned
2,021 Posts
thanks for the additional insight NOTYET my thoughts were from other experience and not mine, I too was looking at getting Lambos and were told over and over they were nightmares and played out.......my 7 yr old wants me to get the "Transformers" doors.......lol

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Yup, night and day difference between LSD and the rest. When you see the price difference between LSD and the rest, do not be scared off. Save a few more pennies for a few more days and buy the best. You'll never be sorry.

Talk to MJR5150, he should be able to help you find a good shop near yall and they've probably got good pricing too.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I'd go with the LSD IF you were going to do shows with the car, otherwise, they are played out, it's a nightmare for those constantly letting people in and out of the car
The great thing about LSD's are that they don't have to go up every time you get out. Like NOTYET says, they're not for shows only. I actually rarely let mine up on a day to day basis. In the last month I have actually let mine up maybe 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The great thing about LSD's are that they don't have to go up every time you get out. Like NOTYET says, they're not for shows only. I actually rarely let mine up on a day to day basis. In the last month I have actually let mine up maybe 2 or 3 times.
I couldn't agree more with everything BigDs 300C & NOTYET have already said! I've had my LSDs for over 2 years and they have never had to be adjusted and have worked flawlessly! Though I used them for shows, more often than not I put my doors up when getting in and out each day. Twice already today. IF you get lambos--get LSDs!

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Sorry, but I am the only person 100% completely done w/ mods. The rest of you must continue your long journey of suffering :)

I've sat in both Eddie's and Darrell's cars w/ the LSD. I've also sat in a few cars w/ non-LSD setups. This is how/why I'm so convinced LSD is the way to go. Don't just take my word though. Eddie started w/ a VDI kit and then upgraded to LSD. He can explain all the minute differences.

G'luck.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Darrel DIY'd his, so it is possible if you feel so inclined. Prices will vary greatly. Just make sure you're going to a place that has installed lambo doors before. Ask to look at installation pictures and/or testimonials from previous clients.

MJR5150 can guide you to a shop near you that has an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I paid $800 a few years ago for my VDI kit installation (an uniformed choice) and $500 installation for the LSDs for a better install on my current 300C.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
As NOTYET said, I did my own. The install took about 7 hours, but I took my time and made sure everything was right. I also did it by myself, but this is easily a two-man job. I would guess that a good installer would charge about $400+ to do this job, but make sure you do your homework on your installer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.