Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a pair of "Spider LED Bulbs"

well when I go to do the turn signals the blinker flashes rapidly as if the bulb was not working properly. I don't know what the problem would be when I hit the button for the hazard lights they flash like any normal bulb would. any suggestions on this?

·
Registered
620 Posts
You need to wire in a resistor. LEDs draw less power than normal filament bulbs. Because of this they cause turn signals to flash faster since there is less load on the circuit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to wire in a resistor. LEDs draw less power than normal filament bulbs. Because of this they cause turn signals to flash faster since there is less load on the circuit.

Thanks for that. umm.... Exactly how would i go about doing that?

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Yup that's it.

Thanks for that. umm.... Exactly how would i go about doing that?
I think I remember seeing a write up some where but shouldn't be too difficult to do though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I remember seeing a write up some where but shouldn't be too difficult to do though.[/QUOTE]

Yea I found a diagram and it seems easy to do. I did not know that i would need a resistor for LEDs. Well I found a website that sells them and plan on purchasing them next week. Until then i will have to get used to the fast blinker.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
I think I remember seeing a write up some where but shouldn't be too difficult to do though.
Yea I found a diagram and it seems easy to do. I did not know that i would need a resistor for LEDs. Well I found a website that sells them and plan on purchasing them next week. Until then i will have to get used to the fast blinker.[/QUOTE]

Yup it's only if you plan to use them for turn signals but as running lights they work just fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have the Base lights which combine the brake and turn together so i would have to get them. But yea its not hard to install that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to ask. when buying Resistors they come in 25W 25ohm, 6ohm 30W, 6ohm 50W
which one do i need???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks Todd. I had already ordered some from DDM tuning and they should get here by next week. I was looking through some old posts and i found one talking about the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts