Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's my 2010 limited and I love it. Yep, it has 275K miles on it but she's clean and pretty. Just picked her up in Florida on February 8th. Unfortunately, the joy ended two weeks later. I got the lightning bolt. No engine codes. So, after the research, I changed to a new Throttle body, well, that did not make any difference, So, I said, must be miscommunication between throttle body and pedal because the car idles great around 600 and I put me a new pedal in, again, no change, lightning bolt still on, no engine codes. I decided to change out the computer, what else could it be ?? Then I found that a squirel or rat has been eating on the connector wires, the black/yellow wire is completely severed and some other wires are damaged. So, very possible that the old throttle body and the old pedal are perfectly fine. Now, my question is, what is the black/yellow wire for, first connector on the left. I added some pictures for your enjoy and amusement.

So, we fixed the wires, no more lightning bolt, no engine codes and she is running as smooth as she was before. So, I can basically assume that a bought a new throttle body and a new pedal for nothing. I decided that maybe i can help somebody else with these parts. I will sell the pedal and the throttle body for $50.00 each + shipping. Pictures below, just shoot me a message if you are interested but understand that I can not warranty these things. They worked fine before the rodent ate my wire harness so they should
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bicycle part Automotive exterior

be fine now.
Automotive tire Sleeve Grey Wood Tints and shades
Bicycle part Machine Camera accessory Auto part Gas
Automotive tire Handgun holster Personal protective equipment Bumper Wood

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same problem with my 05 Chrysler 300C. I was told I have to replace the whole engine wiring harness. It was throwing codes for throttle body, O2 sensors, and a gas air ratio issue. So needless to say I replaced all those parts for around$700 with no help. I'm so over this car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts