Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took the pads off my ebreak and left them off and when I’m driving the ebreak light comes on the dash and I’ll be driving down the highway and it’ll just shift down to 3rd and almost make me wreck and I tried to put the ebreak back on but it like they won’t fit now because the dust plate bent up but the ebreak cord is tight and can’t move but it’s still coming on like every other because no I hit it come on and does that to me so I’m just looking for someone that’s been through this before
It’s a Chrysler 300c 2005
New whole front suspension
Breaks
Rotors
New Conducter
New trans oil
New radiator hoses
New oil pan and gasket
New tone rings
New tipm
New speed sensor
New front and rear bumpers
New grill
New tail lights/headlights
New cold air intake
New rear struts
And what ever I can’t remember and I did it all myself I know theses cars inside out

·
Registered
302 Posts
I recently took the pads off my ebreak and left them off and when I’m driving the ebreak light comes on the dash and I’ll be driving down the highway and it’ll just shift down to 3rd and almost make me wreck and I tried to put the ebreak back on but it like they won’t fit now because the dust plate bent up but the ebreak cord is tight and can’t move but it’s still coming on like every other because no I hit it come on and does that to me so I’m just looking for someone that’s been through this before
It’s a Chrysler 300c 2005
New whole front suspension
Breaks
Rotors
New Conducter
New trans oil
New radiator hoses
New oil pan and gasket
New tone rings
New tipm
New speed sensor
New front and rear bumpers
New grill
New tail lights/headlights
New cold air intake
New rear struts
And what ever I can’t remember and I did it all myself I know theses cars inside out
Hopefully someone else with the same experience will chime in, but if we're being honest, that's not likely to happen. I've never heard of anyone deliberately disabling their emergency brake by removing the shoes before.

My suggestion would be to pull the rotors, straighten the backing plate, replace the e-brake shoes, hardware kit, and cables (if needed) to make sure everything operates properly. None of those components are expensive, and at least you would be sure you've covered all the bases. Plus, you'll be in good shape if you ever have to park on a grade. The 300C is a very heavy car and the parking pawl was never intended to hold it in place on a hill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts