Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Have had my 2016 Chrysler 300s for about a year and i want to put some mods on but i don't know where to start! Would appreciate any advice. Also it is the 3.6l pendastar
Your S may already have the BR5 (V8) brake package. If not, the BR5 brakes, at least in front, are an excellent mod.

About the only other mod I'd make to a Pentastar would be a take-off OEM dual exhaust from a 300C, again, if you don't have true duals already. If it's in your budget, Solo Performance makes an excellent dual exhaust that the Charger 3.6 guys love.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks, I don't know if I have the brake package! I'll look in to it. I was thinking about putting a cold air intake in, any thought on that?
The first thing you should do is get your build sheet. Go here and manually add your VIN to the address line after the equal sign.

Your factory airbox does a pretty good job of drawing cool air from outside the engine compartment. "CAIs", unless you manage to find a Legmaker Long Ram or something similar (and while those do draw cool air, changing your air filter becomes a pain in the ass), are usually just noisemakers on these cars and can actually draw hot engine compartment air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first thing you should do is get your build sheet. Go here and manually add your VIN to the address line after the equal sign.

Your factory airbox does a pretty good job of drawing cool air from outside the engine compartment. "CAIs", unless you manage to find a Legmaker Long Ram or something similar (and while those do draw cool air, changing your air filter becomes a pain in the ass), are usually just noisemakers on these cars and can actually draw hot engine compartment air.
Have you ever heard of a Chrysler performance chip? I was looking in to it but couldn't really find much out

·
Registered
583 Posts
Have you ever heard of a Chrysler performance chip? I was looking in to it but couldn't really find much out
Yes, I have. I think Reagan was President then.

"Performance chips" are just a scam in 2022. You can buy a hand-held programmer, but, save your money. Because your car is a 2016, you'd need to buy an unlocked PCM to use with the programmer. That's a lot of trouble and expense for very little return. The Pentastar already puts out 80 HP/liter, more than any naturally aspirated Hemi. It's just not a mod-friendly engine...there's no real aftermarket. Forget cams, headers, etc. There's not much to tweak, because Chrysler just didn't leave a lot of power on the table.

The stock single-into-dual exhaust (if you have it) is robbing you of roughly 8 HP, and the BR3 brakes (if you have them) really aren't adequate for any spirited driving in a two-ton 300. Stepping up to duals and BR5 brakes are solid, cost-effective mods. If you really want to tune and tweak your ride, consider trading up to a 5.7, it's a much more mod-friendly platform.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts