Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping members of this forum can tell me about the Chrysler 300. I am looking to buy a used one 2012 to 2015, fully loaded, with AWD and I want to know if this car is reliable, and if there are things I should look for when going on my search looking at cars.

I currently have a 2001 Acura CL with 200k miles on it, the car was absolutely great to me, and still looks great in and out, but the tranny just blew and I think it is time for something new. With the reliability of the Acura I am hesitant to buy an American car.

I have been doing a lot of research and I wanted to see what the members here have to say, I know you are all knowledgeable.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi chris, I,not going to say yes or no but I can tell you what I like and dislike about my car. i own a 2010 touring RWD whit the 3.5L

What i love about the car, The inside is spacious, confortable, love the GPS and HDD radio, I do long ride to go see my family and it's perfect for me. The performance of the car are what you would expect from a v6 in a 1666Kg car. Still it's acceleration are very decent imo. Average I do 550 km on a 65L, more if I do highway. What really impress me was the driving confort, the suspension on that model is very soft, barely feel any bump on the road, yet it's not acting like a boat. So far every repair on the car was easy to do myself. Other ppl always look at my car, they love how it looks also, and I did'nt change anything.

A few things I don't like, mechanic wise it's not a bad car but you need to put the effort in. Brake need regular check 3 to 4 time a year, just clean them and make sure they don't get stuck from rust or they wear fast. The car is big and it catch in the wind, but you get use to it. Expect to change tie rod every 2 or 3 year, or more depending on quality. My car is almost 7 year old now and I will have to replace suspension bushing. Other then brakes and tie rod everything is still original.
IDK if they fix this in the later model, but the suspension make more noise has it put more KM on. Probably from the bushings. I will see on mine when I do the job this summer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi chris, I,not going to say yes or no but I can tell you what I like and dislike about my car. i own a 2010 touring RWD whit the 3.5L

What i love about the car, The inside is spacious, confortable, love the GPS and HDD radio, I do long ride to go see my family and it's perfect for me. The performance of the car are what you would expect from a v6 in a 1666Kg car. Still it's acceleration are very decent imo. Average I do 550 km on a 65L, more if I do highway. What really impress me was the driving confort, the suspension on that model is very soft, barely feel any bump on the road, yet it's not acting like a boat. So far every repair on the car was easy to do myself. Other ppl always look at my car, they love how it looks also, and I did'nt change anything.

A few things I don't like, mechanic wise it's not a bad car but you need to put the effort in. Brake need regular check 3 to 4 time a year, just clean them and make sure they don't get stuck from rust or they wear fast. The car is big and it catch in the wind, but you get use to it. Expect to change tie rod every 2 or 3 year, or more depending on quality. My car is almost 7 year old now and I will have to replace suspension bushing. Other then brakes and tie rod everything is still original.
IDK if they fix this in the later model, but the suspension make more noise has it put more KM on. Probably from the bushings. I will see on mine when I do the job this summer.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for all the information, it definitely is helpful! So far every owner I asked about the car has given me very positive reviews so I am comfortable buying it now. I am looking forward to it. And I will become an active member here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you still get the car?

You can also run an online VIN check that provides you with detailed history of any vehicle.

This will ensure that you are not buying a damaged car or a car with defects

1 - 4 of 4 Posts