Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was just trying to do this Friday Cuda by lowering 2in in back and 1.5 in the front. Turns out I needed a camber kit (the stock cambers on the awd are not adjustable outside of what they are set at). I spoke with Phillips too about it and he does have the coilover kit which is about 1600 dollars and does not have his camber at the correct amount. Not having proper camber will wear your tires unevenly and you'll be replacing them quicker.

A lot of research was done after I returned home from a failed spring installlation in looking for cambers. My conclusion is the only real solution if you want it done right is from Pedders. They have a camber kit for our 300c AWD's. the front and rear is going to cost you about 440.00. Then you need to purchase the springs which are roughly 200+ dollars. On top of that you need to be aware that your struts will wear out more quickly having the car lowered than not.

The guy from Pedders also told me they will not lower the 300c AWD more than 1 inch in the front. He said it puts too much stress on some part (i forget the name) but he added they have done testing to prove it.

To me, it just wasn't worth the investment and potential headaches down the road so I'll be returning my springs.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've got a set of Pedders 7981 springs that I'd sell for a good deal ($100 + shipping if you're interested PM me). They're the only springs that they make for the AWD rears. For the front, you need the 7980's as they will not lower the front too much for the halfshaft angle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!!

I was just trying to do this Friday Cuda by lowering 2in in back and 1.5 in the front. Turns out I needed a camber kit (the stock cambers on the awd are not adjustable outside of what they are set at). I spoke with Phillips too about it and he does have the coilover kit which is about 1600 dollars and does not have his camber at the correct amount. Not having proper camber will wear your tires unevenly and you'll be replacing them quicker.

A lot of research was done after I returned home from a failed spring installlation in looking for cambers. My conclusion is the only real solution if you want it done right is from Pedders. They have a camber kit for our 300c AWD's. the front and rear is going to cost you about 440.00. Then you need to purchase the springs which are roughly 200+ dollars. On top of that you need to be aware that your struts will wear out more quickly having the car lowered than not.

The guy from Pedders also told me they will not lower the 300c AWD more than 1 inch in the front. He said it puts too much stress on some part (i forget the name) but he added they have done testing to prove it.

To me, it just wasn't worth the investment and potential headaches down the road so I'll be returning my springs.
I've got a set of Pedders 7981 springs that I'd sell for a good deal ($100 + shipping if you're interested PM me). They're the only springs that they make for the AWD rears. For the front, you need the 7980's as they will not lower the front too much for the halfshaft angle.
Thanks for the fast replies guys. Appreciate it very much!
Looks like I will be driving an "unlowered" AWD for some time to come!!
Too much $ for too little bang for my pocket. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I solved it! I built a set of fully adjustable Rear Camber Control Arms with offset bushings and installed them last night. I took the car to the dealership today, and they want me to build a few sets for them (It seems that I am not the only person around here that needs adjustable camber!). For $200, I can build a set for you, too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I solved it! I built a set of fully adjustable Rear Camber Control Arms with offset bushings and installed them last night. I took the car to the dealership today, and they want me to build a few sets for them (It seems that I am not the only person around here that needs adjustable camber!). For $200, I can build a set for you, too!

I would like a set.
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts