Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if I get lowering springs , do I need any other parts? I saw post that talked about not getting the bushings with his SPRINGS. I want to get lowering springs but want to make sure if I need anything else with them.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
with spring you wont need anything else. you may want to order new OEM isolators unless you plan to remove them anyway for a slightly lower appearance. My isolators were okay, but i should of bought new uppers and lowers for the rears just to be safe. if i recall they are cheap if you decide to get them like 10-15 bucks each. in the front you will need nothing additional the spring just goes over the strut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone tell me if I get lowering springs , do I need any other parts? I saw post that talked about not getting the bushings with his SPRINGS. I want to get lowering springs but want to make sure if I need anything else with them.

Thanks...
not a problem.. feel free to ask away i tackled my entire install shock, struts, springs myself.
I just put the stage 1 mopar springs on today. I did get a 1” drop but place didn’t even suggest new struts to handle the load. Apparently first big pot hole and I can blow out the suspension.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's a posibility depending on the travel of the struts, but you probably have to hit something really bad. I had the Support bushing pop out in the back when I hit a good pot hole, but they where old and I'm not lowered. The bushing where old so ... If you don't know the road maybe slow down and be more on the look out. I would probably also take advise from a more qualified shop, like on the top of my head, Energy suspension Or Eibach. There is also the possibility to install a bump stop, so if you hit something deep, the extra travel will be send in the frame and wheel. But you might risk breaking a mag then or something else. Best thing is you are aware it can happen so drive safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a posibility depending on the travel of the struts, but you probably have to hit something really bad. I had the Support bushing pop out in the back when I hit a good pot old and I'm not lowered. The bushing where old so ... If you don't know the road maybe slow down and be more on the look out. I would probably also take advise from a more qualified shop, like on the top of my head, Energy suspension Or Eibach. There is also the possibility to install a bump stop, so if you hit something deep, the extra travel will be send in the frame and wheel. But you might risk breaking a mag then or something else. Best thing is you are aware it can happen so drive safe.
Thank you!

·
Registered
459 Posts
IMO, if you stick to OEM size you should be fine, however there could be some difference between 300S and 300C, best advise if to try on before you purchase if you can.
You can also use the rim calculator on the web to have a better idea, but nothign beat the try it 1st approach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts