Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to the forum as well as very recently becoming the owner of a 2017 300s with the 5.7 Hemi. I had heard from friends that a muffler and resonator delete is awesome for sound and from what I have heard myself in person that is what I was planning on doing. The other thing I had heard was that when the MDS system kicks on and shuts down cylinders, the exhaust note is really bad not only in terms of the sound itself but also the drone from less cylinders firing. I definitely want that loud Hemi note but I really don't want it to sound like garbage when I'm not on it. If anyone has any experience they'd like to share on the subject I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
508 Posts
So I am new to the forum as well as very recently becoming the owner of a 2017 300s with the 5.7 Hemi. I had heard from friends that a muffler and resonator delete is awesome for sound and from what I have heard myself in person that is what I was planning on doing. The other thing I had heard was that when the MDS system kicks on and shuts down cylinders, the exhaust note is really bad not only in terms of the sound itself but also the drone from less cylinders firing. I definitely want that loud Hemi note but I really don't want it to sound like garbage when I'm not on it. If anyone has any experience they'd like to share on the subject I'd greatly appreciate it!
If you want to make your neighbors hate you, you can do it without hacking up your factory stainless steel exhaust and welding in shiatty mild steel pipe so that your ears bleed and your back seat passengers are nauseated from the drone.

With no resonators, the 5.7 drones annoyingly with or without MDS, but worse with it. If you want loud with no drone, go with an aftermarket exhaust that incorporates j-pipes to eliminate drone, such as the Solo Mach-XH. They also offer a Street Race version that is plenty loud enough to make even the most mellow neighbor want to burn your house down. You'll love it.

You could also try a mid-muffler delete for more sound without drone, for very little money. But don't take the resonators off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts