Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...as the title states, this is a big huge thank you to Mike for helping me when I was in a tough spot. So I just wanted to thank him once more for the help, and also wanted to share my feelings on my "new" exhaust.

Well, as some of you may know I was doing an exhaust swap with another local member here, I had an almost stock 5.7 system with a Blastin Bobs non-reso kit that I have loved since the day I put them on. Well the long and skinny of it was my car was up on the lift wothout an exhaust because although my exhaust went onto the other car fine (which was done first of course...lol), the exhaust that was supposed to go on my car was having some serious fitment issues that the shop was just not equipped to handle (let me stop there, the shop is full of a great group of guys, its just not an exhaust shop, we were there because it was a shop some of us has used before and we were able to reserve a lift and the employ of one of their mechanics, so it's not due to a lack of skill of the employee but the material available at this particular shop).

So here is where Mike steps in, there we were standing there looking at the empty space on the bottom of my car where an exhaust should be when Mike says to me "let's just go grab my exhaust out of the shed. SOOOO.....we went back to Mikes house right around the corner, about 50 large toys and a cracked tail lense later (ask mike about that one...lol) we had mikes stock SRT exhaust out of his shed and into his Jeep. Back to the shop we dropped off the parts, got some new gaskets from the dealership, explained to the mech that I wanted him to remove the EGR hose from the exhaust port, and we were off, leaving the shop to their hours of wonderful labor.

So now here I am, with a nearly new (Mike probably put 1000 miles on the car before he swapped out his exhaust) SRT full exhaust system from the manifolds to the tips on my car, and all I can say is Thank You Mike!!!

I really am enjoying it already, me and the wife put about 400 miles on the car in the past 2 days and it really is a nice upgrade for the 5.7L. Overall, the exhaust not has just a bit more of a deep grumble on startup compared with my old setup. On WOT it is just as loud as the BB kit on the stock 5.7, but one thing I was never 100% satisfied anout the BBs were how they almost sounded a little tinny at times, not so with the SRT system. I honestly believe for those other 5.7 guys out there that want an exhaust thats quiet at cruise but wakes up on WOT, this is the way to go!!!!! I feel it does feel a little bit better when you go from cruise to WOT on demand, the added airflow I'm sure helps with that, but it definitely retains the classy appearance of the 300C with the quieter cruise than most aftermarket exhausts available, but gives that punch when wanted. The stock tips also fill the cutouts on the stock bumper better and they do stick out a little more too...hehe.

Ok, so where is the downside to this whole deal at this point....well I threw an engine code on my home from our road trip today.....stopped at a rest stop, plugged in old diablo, and ran diagnostics, ah-ha just what I expected, EGR...reset the code, drove the rest of the way home and,for shame for shame, I just had to place an order with BT....lol:smiley_thumbs_up: EGR block plate on the way.....as well as a few other goodies of course hehe.
So once again...

THANK YOU MIKE!!!!!!
If any 5.7L owners have any questions just ask or feel free to PM me about the swap.....

guess my winter modding started a little early...lmao

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Way to help out Mike. but where's the pic lol did you have your EGR turned off by turning off the MDS thru predator willy? don't matter now that egr plate is coming lol

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hadnt deactivated the EGR yet, I read it wasnt necessary to do, but obviuosly that was a misconception on someones part...lol, I will shut it off tomorrow when I have some time to play with the predator

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
i read that if you disable MDS then EGR is also deactivated as well. the plate does look great just heard you can't use it while getting emission test, although you could just take it off prior lol

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
That was an '' interesting '' day Willy ......lol . Glad it worked out . I had to thank Kimberly for helping us un-earth it in the shed . Jesus ''somebody'' buys these kids alot of ****........=) .

Reactions: HeavyMetal6207

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Way to go Mike, helping a fellow member out. Willy, Congratz on your new exhaust. How bout a sound byte and pics. Where the hell are the pics?? LOL

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics....Pics....we don't need no stinkin pics......lol

I couldnt really do good soundbytes in the car with the wife driving with me....didn't feel like getting yelled at...lol

I will take photos and sound clips tomorrow for yall

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was an '' interesting '' day Willy ......lol . Glad it worked out . I had to thank Kimberly for helping us un-earth it in the shed . Jesus ''somebody'' buys these kids alot of ****........=) .
Yes Mike....give a big smooch to your wife for me for helpin out in a pinch, and tell he to stop spending all your mod money on those toys.

May as well crosslink this thread now too....stupid EGR....lol

http://300cforumz.com/showthread.php?p=475772#post475772

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats on th exhaust and top notch of Mike to help you out in a pinch.

i read that if you disable MDS then EGR is also deactivated as well. the plate does look great just heard you can't use it while getting emission test, although you could just take it off prior lol
Disabling MDS does not disable the EGR valve, it just marks it with an asterisk because of the code used (confirmed this with Diablosport) if you want to disable the EGR valve you have to select it in the Predator and turn it off. I asked my mechanic about e-testing and he said they don't look for the EGR valve and if no codes are present then it will pass, so I would ask your mechanic before testing if they will look for it because it will be a pain to reinstall everything again if you don't need to.

I turned my EGR valve off a while back and installed the BT EGR block off plates and it really cleans the engine bay up, not to mention the pinging sound the thing makes when you have a cai goes buy buy.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on th exhaust and top notch of Mike to help you out in a pinch.

Disabling MDS does not disable the EGR valve, it just marks it with an asterisk because of the code used (confirmed this with Diablosport) if you want to disable the EGR valve you have to select it in the Predator and turn it off. I asked my mechanic about e-testing and he said they don't look for the EGR valve and if no codes are present then it will pass, so I would ask your mechanic before testing if they will look for it because it will be a pain to reinstall everything again if you don't need to.

I turned my EGR valve off a while back and installed the BT EGR block off plates and it really cleans the engine bay up, not to mention the pinging sound the thing makes when you have a cai goes buy buy.

Now, that was what I heard was unconfirmed and was hoping for, that the EGR and MDS was unrelated, I will be getting the blockoff plate hopefully very very soon and will shut off the EGR tomorrow before I head out to work.....and yes, after I take pics...hehe

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
We want pics of the SRT headers too Willy ( even though i've been looking at those in my shed for over three years now......lol ) . Willy's rocking the full SRT exhaust from the engine block back (SRT headers , higher flowing SRT cats and stock SRT cat back ) . So he went from 2-1/4 of the R/T is it to 2-1/2'' front to back . It certainly felt impressive on our test ride......lol .

Reactions: 300 Addict

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We want pics of the SRT headers too Willy ( even though i've been looking at those in my shed for over three years now......lol ) . Willy's rocking the full SRT exhaust from the engine block back (SRT headers , higher flowing SRT cats and stock SRT cat back ) . So he went from 2-1/4 of the R/T is it to 2-1/2'' front to back . It certainly felt impressive on our test ride......lol .
The full exhaust was the only way to go, only thing is now I have ugly stock manifolds and cats to look at and get yelled at by wife about in our shed...lol

Congratz to you Willy on your new exhaust! Kudos for Mike for being a great help!
Thank you, and much beans to Mike here!!!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, yes I am happy with the setup, and V, I'll have soundclip up tomorrow or Weds the latest!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Way to go FOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts