Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm looking at installing a set of MSD Ignition coils and I'm just trying to get some input on why I should or shouldn't carry forward with it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Are your old coils bad or are you just looking to upgrade? If you do change them, you might as well upgrade the plugs and wires at the same time.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have a set of MSD Blaster Coils in use on my SRT (no wires on 6.1's unlike the 5.7's that have wires) and while I didn't need them at all because my OEM coil packs are working just fine, I did however appreciate the more efficienct my baby runs now with them in use.

Yes the MSD's are a bit expensive if you don't have a way to get them at a reduced cost, however they do provide a better more efficient spark and that is why I employed their use in my baby.

I would recommend to also install all new OEM Champion spark plugs and gap them accordingly becasue after about 40K to 50K they are toast & I don't care what the book says, look at an SRT plug after 50K (not miles, kilometers) and tell me if you still want to put them back into your engine - I wouldn't, okay I didn't ;)

So, is it worth it? My answer is YES it is and my baby is better with them in use, however there are several BIG HP LX owners that still only use the OEM coil packs and have no need for the MSD's.

Guess it's all a matter of what YOU want and need and can afford that decides for you.

If you don't have other mods now then suggest a Diablo Predator, CAI & 180 t-stat first before you go spending $$ on MSD's - then a nice cat back system as these mods will provide you with more value felt for the dollar spent.

My $0.02

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a 06 300 srt8 put had it 2 yrs but never had a hemi up until then but when I got it the engine had a small shutter to it like the plugs might have been bad so I changed them to the ngk iridiums. That really didn't help. So I have planned to change the packs to msd. Does anyone know if they think it will help. Also when I got the car it didn't really have a small tick in the engine bur me driving it the way I do occasionally (lol) it has developed one. Do the rocker arms or valves ever need adjusted? I think to it might be a small manifold exhaust leak. Any kinda of info on this bad azz ride will be greatly appreciated. Thank very much in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2014 300c v8 showing "random ignition coil faulty" parts place says I need to replace all of them. They say if one goes bad it will make the rest go bad. Opinions? Help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts