Chrysler 300 forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's the latest? On youtube there is a clip of a Charger with 44's in place of the suitcase and Blastin Bob reso delete at the back. It still has the sound of Flows but a little smoother and the owner says there is NO drone. That may be an option for you if you're dead set on having Flows on the car.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i went with the flowmaster set up

here is a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRVqNFecdv4
:158: SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!! :158:

Sounds awesome! So did you go with the 4 mufflers? Are they Super 44's??

Either way, I think it sounds better than the SLP Loudmouths that people are raving about! GOOD JOB!! :smileup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I missed my cutouts, but i did the slp loud mouth 2's no cats they seem just as loud as the cutouts i guess because of how ppl react to it when i drop a gear or mash the gas, cops claimed they can hear me a mile or 2 away and ive been pulled over quite a few times as well, its very loud at certain rpm's too lol some ppl stop and stare like wth is that

·
Registered
156 Posts
Saw this tread, and its interesting to hear about exhausts, since i have owned a few V8s they were all to quiet!!!!!! so i needed to do something about this one:smileup:

So i bought a used stainless steel system without the mufflers and resonator, dual tips each side with powerflow engraved on the tips x4, will get them fitted soon as i receive the Y section he forgot to give me that fits the end " cat side" pics will explain

I was told its a custom made system called powerflow which i gather is made by a company called long life exhausts with a life time warranty, and it was removed from a 2006 300c srt8.

Let me know what you think of it;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Saw this tread, and its interesting to hear about exhausts, since i have owned a few V8s they were all to quiet!!!!!! so i needed to do something about this one:smileup:

So i bought a used stainless steel system without the mufflers and resonator, dual tips each side with powerflow engraved on the tips x4, will get them fitted soon as i receive the Y section he forgot to give me that fits the end " cat side" pics will explain

I was told its a custom made system called powerflow which i gather is made by a company called long life exhausts with a life time warranty, and it was removed from a 2006 300c srt8.

Let me know what you think of it;)
looks really clean! which muffler will you run?

·
Registered
156 Posts
looks really clean! which muffler will you run?
Thanks, system is in good nick, all i need to do is cold galve the welds up and they will last for years then .

My mate was running them as is sounded awesome, they were custom made in mind of no mufflers and the resonator box, hence the Y section from the cats to the single pipe which acts for no resonator box and from that singe pipe splits to the 2 single pipes which are smaller in diameter to act as rear mufflers to keep back presher if this makes sense!
ATB P.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks, system is in good nick, all i need to do is cold galve the welds up and they will last for years then .

My mate was running them as is sounded awesome, they were custom made in mind of no mufflers and the resonator box, hence the Y section from the cats to the single pipe which acts for no resonator box and from that singe pipe splits to the 2 single pipes which are smaller in diameter to act as rear mufflers to keep back presher if this makes sense!
ATB P.

wow!!! that will be some serious grunt!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just bought a Beautiful 2013 300C. i was reading about muffler swaps.so if i am reading all this correctly. you can swap your resonators for mufflers and delete your mufflers all together. never done this before but looking for a better sound for my 300..Please Adise

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello, I just bought a Beautiful 2013 300C. i was reading about muffler swaps.so if i am reading all this correctly. you can swap your resonators for mufflers and delete your mufflers all together. never done this before but looking for a better sound for my 300..Please Adise
Welcome, James. Instead of responding to a nearly ten-year-old thread, I'd suggest you go ahead and start a new one. There's been a lot of accumulated experience with exhaust modifications since then, and you'd be best served with a fresh perspective.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts