Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought my first 300. A 2017 Limited AWD and already seem to have issues and questions. Included in the options are 300 Premium Group and Quick Order Package 22F. I got a paper Owners Guide with the car and have another one in a Chrysler App from Google Play. I have read much of those. They seem somewhat vague.

The auto dim interior rear view mirror only seemed to work once. In the controls, I’m thinking it should be on and working when the blue light for it is on. Off with the white light. Is that correct? I tried both. Does it take time to become effective? Tonight, I had a 4x4 pickup behind me and those headlights were horrible. I re-aimed the mirror away, slowed down to 45 in a 55, hoping to get passed, and when I made a turn and they followed, I pulled over and let them go bye. Are other conditions needed to make it work such as headlights On, Auto or Off? Do ambient light levels effect it? The car has a little of the 3 year basic warranty remaining, should I take it in ASAP??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue is on and it was working tonight. Perhaps earlier this week when I had issues it wasn't dark enough outside

·
Registered
404 Posts
My mirror model is older and only has a green light turn on when it's on. It should be in the User manual ! If not IDK. How ever has a military back ground and has you found out, I would have said Blue is night, Because it is easier on the eye when you drive at night. The white light would reduce your natural night vision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue is on and it was working tonight. Perhaps earlier this week when I had issues it wasn't dark enough outside
Last weekend I put some masking tape over the Ambient Light Sensor, and viola, the mirror darkened much better at dusk, dawn and twilight. In fact, if left on, it stayed in dark mode all day. I started turning it off for use in the daylight and simply turn it on when needed once it gets dark. This weekend, I replaced the masking tape with black electrical tape which blends in better with the mirror and is less obvious. Not quite "auto dimming" but problem solved for the most part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts