Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my car wouldn't start. First off I don't have a key only the key fob. The only power I have is from the key fob to unlock/lock the door open the trunk and the head lights work. But my radio doesn't work, locks, windows, horn, or anything else. When I turn the key fob to start its just dead with no power or crank. I have tried jumping the battery with no luck. I had the battery checked and it has power. I also checked all the fuses and they are good as well.

I was wondering if it could be a faulty key fob and that it needed to be reprogramed or have a new key made? Any suggestions before I have it towed to the dealer?

I did notice over the past few weeks that when i start my car that there is a longer delay (several seconds) before it would start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

I ended up having to have it towed to the dealer. $600 later it was a bad win module that had to be replaced and had to have a new key fob made. They were able to reprogram the old key fob so now i have a back up one.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Hi and welcome to the 'Z', from VA. Glad you got your key issue resolved and thank you for the updates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts