Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, well I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7 with about 65k miles. It ran great and I've had it for 10 years. I was just about to get a new car and keep the 300 for my daughter when she turns 16 in a few months. I had an over heating issue about 6 months ago and I pressure tested the radiator and found a leak in the radiator. I replace the radiator and it ran fine. Few months later it was getting hot when I was stopped in traffic but cooled down when I accelerated. I am pretty sure the fan wasn't coming on. I was about to take it in to look at but while I was driving home and stuck in stop and go traffic and the temp went into the red. I got home and when I tried to start it again it cranked a little but sounded bad and would not turn over. That was about a month ago and I had to get a new car but my daughter really liked the 300 so I want to see if I can fix it. With the corona mess happening money is tight so I really want to give it a try before she turns 16 in July. I have never done something this big with a car before so the women in my house are not to confident lol but I'm going to prove then wrong.

If anyone can help with the following questions my daughter and I would really appreciate it. She's a great kid and she's done all the things I've asked in order to have her first car so I need to make this happen.

Does this sound like a head gasket issue? If I can't start it should I check the spark plugs for coolant? I can't do a compression test unless its can turn on correct?

If its a bad gasket any advice on doing that fix? I've read and watched a lot on the topic but would love your input.

The over heating issue will need to be addressed as well but first things first but if you have advice on how to diagnosis a bad fan that would be great. Also if there are other things to check for the overheating issue I'd appreciate it. Thermostat, water pump, anything else?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
36 Posts
some engine shops have payment plans with good warranties just do the research on customer reviews and bbb ratings so you don't get a bum deal and good luck i hope it all works out for you and let me know how it went

1 - 3 of 3 Posts