Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to enable the RB5 radio without dealer involvement ? The screen indicates the radio is locked.
I also installed a Sony backup camera kit specifically for the 300 from Emerald. It also needs to be activated.
Heard about the OBD Genie but don't know if it can enable this system.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Does anyone know how to enable the RB5 radio without dealer involvement ? The screen indicates the radio is locked.
I also installed a Sony backup camera kit specifically for the 300 from Emerald. It also needs to be activated.
Heard about the OBD Genie but don't know if it can enable this system.
Not enough information to compute.

What do you drive? What radio have you got now?

If, for example, you have a 2013 300 and an 8.4 RER radio with satellite, then you should already have the antenna and screen you need. You can swap in the RB5 and enter the PIN, which should have been provided by the seller, it's tied to the donor car's VIN. If you don't have and can't get the PIN, you have a couple of options; if you have a good relationship with a CDJR dealership, give them the VIN of the donor car and they should be able to look up the PIN. Whether or they'll do it for you is another matter. You can also buy a PIN from an online vendor.

Don't know anything about the Sony kit, Emerald, or OBD Genie. Most LD drivers just buy an OEM CHMSL with the integrated camera and pop it right in. In most cars the wiring is already in place, under the trunk lid lining. Then you just need to flash the correct sales code to enable the camera. You can pay a stealership to do it for you, or do it yourself with a Z Automotive Tazer. It's also possible to use AlfaOBD, but unless you have experience with it, you'll have to study up a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. 2013 300 Base model. I will slide the radio out to record all of the numbers and attempt to find the code online. Too late for the OEM camera, the Sony is already installed. Once the radio is on line, I'll move on with the camera activation.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. 2013 300 Base model. I will slide the radio out to record all of the numbers and attempt to find the code online. Too late for the OEM camera, the Sony is already installed. Once the radio is on line, I'll move on with the camera activation.
Thanks for all your help.
No problem. Good luck with the activation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts