Need help 2014 300s instrument cluster removal

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by matt7650, Feb 27, 2015.

1. matt7650

matt7650 New Member

Vehicle:
    300s
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    Can anyone tell me how to get the instrument cluster out of the dash on a 2014 300s? I noticed that you can pull up on the hood type part of the dash that is over top of the cluster but i dont know if that just pops out or is screwed in and don't want to just break it. Thanks in advace.

2. matt7650

matt7650 New Member

Vehicle:
    300s
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    300s instrument cluster

Can anyone tell me how to get the instrument cluster out of the dash on a 2014 300s? I noticed that you can pull up on the hood type part of the dash that is over top of the cluster but i dont know if that just pops out or is screwed in and don't want to just break it. Thanks in advace.

3. pioneer

pioneer Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2010
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I doubt it just pops out....For what its worth, here are the instructions for a 1st Gen, might help, maybe they are similar or give you a place to start
    Pics courtesy of trs300

ClusterPull_01.jpg
    ClusterPull_02.jpg
    To remove the Instrument Cluster: (from the service manual)
    1. Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
    WARNING: Wait two minutes for the airbag system reserve capacitor to discharge before beginning any airbag system or component service. Failure to do so may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury or death.
    1. Remove the trim panel to the left of the Dash – between the Dash and the Driver’s door. There are two spring clips, one at the top and one at the bottom. Just work your fingers under the panel and gently pull. It will pop off.
    2. Remove the two screws on the lower Steering Colum Cover. There are two spring clips securing the top of the Cover. Gently pull and the Cover will pop off.
    3. Pull the steering wheel back and down, as this will give more room to get to the Instrument Cluster Bezel. Remove the two screws along the lower edge of the Bezel. There are five spring clips holding the Bezel on, one on each side of the steering column, and three along the top of the Bezel. Gently work the Bezel loose by pulling on the edges and the gauge trim rings.
    4. There are four screws securing the Instrument Cluster to the dash. If available use a magnetic screw driver so the screws don’t fall down in the dash.
    5. By rotating the Cluster bottom first towards you, the Cluster can be removed from the dash. There are three electrical connectors across the back top of the Cluster. Push in the retaining clip and the connector will come free. Now the Instrument Cluster can be moved to the work bench.

4. matt7650

matt7650 New Member

Vehicle:
    300s
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    No first gen is totally different. The new gen the cluster kind of just floats on the top of the dash and the cover over it looks like it can just pop out, i just dont want to break it off

5. snowman88

snowman88 New Member

Vehicle:
    300C
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    AWD 300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I know that this is an old post, but did you figure it out?

6. ScottDC

ScottDC New Member

Vehicle:
    300 S
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black

here is a video that details installing an instrument cluster on a 2014 300S