1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So couple electrical issues hopefully just fuses

-My trunk will not open through the button or fob
- the parking hand brake will no longer work

- and I recently replaced my clockspring but for some reason my horn and steering wheel controls are not working

·
Registered
302 Posts
So couple electrical issues hopefully just fuses

-My trunk will not open through the button or fob
- the parking hand brake will no longer work

- and I recently replaced my clockspring but for some reason my horn and steering wheel controls are not working
First you must find 3 fuses and activate the fuse box. The fuses are scattered across different districts: Canal District, Waterfront District, Footlight District. They are all on the upper floor and you must open 2 gates in each district to reach them. They are glowing blue.

But seriously, since I don't know what you drive, I can't help you with the fuse locations. Check your owner's manual for the specific fuses, and test or replace them.

If your parking brake isn't working, that's a mechanical issue.

If you're unable to depress the pedal, either the pedal assembly or the cables need to be replaced. The previous owner may have kept the car outside and never used the e-brake. That can cause the exposed cables to corrode.

If you can apply the brake but it won't hold the car on a hill, that's usually because the e-brake shoes are worn out. You may be able to adjust them like old-school drum brakes (since that's what they are), but more likely you'll have to replace the shoes.

For the clockspring issue, I'm assuming you disconnected your battery for the procedure, and discharged any static from your body.

I'd pull it apart again, check all the connections carefully, and look for pinched wires.

You could also use an advanced scantool to check for DTCs. You may find a BCM code that could help point you in the right direction. AlfaOBD works well for this. There's a free demo version available, you just need an ELM327-compatible Bluetooth adapter and an Android device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts