Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently became a 300 owner and have been having problems since day one....
the person that owned the vehicle before me was supposed to be an apprentice mechanic however after actually having a look at the vehicle myself I discovered he had not put the manifold back together properly, he had left bolts off of the throttle body, removed fuses for things that shouldn't have been removed, the wiring for his stereo was just horrendous..... so needless to say I don't know what else could be wrong with the car.....
right now I've got a cylinder 2 misfire code there's definitely a tick in the engine I'm also having issues with acceleration and lagging really low RPMs at idle and sometimes she likes to stutter...could this all be from that cylinder problem or am I going to have other things going on?? ...
.....the first thing I had to do was replace the fuel pump because that went on me in the middle of an intersection one afternoon and after that is when I started discovering all the other problems underneath the hood

I'm pretty mechanically inclined and do all of my own vehicle maintenance and repairs myself so I started with cleaning the throttle body and intake and all sensors I then replaced all my spark plugs swapped out some of my coils as well as put new valve cover gaskets new intake manifold gasket oil change and air filter. And still the problem persists so I broke down and took it into a mechanic near my house he charged me $300 to tell me that my compression was good and then wanted another $800 to open my valve covers to see what was going on after that so I said forget that and came home and opened up the valve covers myself again and am finding a lot online that The 3.5 L motor is bad for the rocker pedestals going .. on this site I found a post about somebody who had replaced their rocker arm assembly with a junkyard assembly...... I have a whole nother assembly I just don't know if I need brand new dowels or if I can install it the way it is and because I don't know as much as I could know I'm concerned and I don't want to screw up my engine because it's my only vehicle

any ideas ???
anybody help me????

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think there are very many 300 drivers that will do this kind of work on their own cars.

Fortunately, Charger drivers are a different story. I'd suggest you introduce yourself on our sister forum (chargerforumz), provide some detail on your car (year, trim level, engine) and see if anyone over there has some ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts