Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how long after a car is painted that you can put on products such as zaino, collinite, klasse or duragloss? my hood, bumper, cai, and shifter trim bezel are being painted this week and the rest of the car will be getting wetsanded out, and want to put a sealant and some good ol' dodo juice rubbishboys edition wax on before i head out to the spring festival at the end of the month

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
It all depends on ambient conditions, Gregg. Temp & humidity all play a role in the curing process. Most shops will tell you anywhere from 1 month (warmer temps/low humidity) to 2 months (lower temp/higher humidity) for the curing process to be complete. These timeframes assume a standard factory thickness clearcoat thickness over the color coats. If you went deeper, it takes a bit more time.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the hood and bumper will be strippeed down to bare material then new primer, paint, binder with pearl then clear...

see i hear everything from 2 weeks to 12 weeks... i am so confused

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Last time I had paint work done they said don't touch it with anything other than mild car wash for 30 days. On my bike with more clearcoat and lower winter temps it was 90 days.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
The best person to ask would be the person that's painting your car. He should be familiar with the paint system that he's using and he is more qualified to make a good recommendation as to how long before you can start to put cleaners and wax on the new paint job. Just my 0.02 worth. Michael makes good points to consider too. Temp & humidity do play a big part in the length of time you have to wait.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
The problem with applying waxes before the paint/clear are fully cured is the potential for boiling. I had mine painted in October, and haven't put any wax on it yet, since it's been curing through the winter which can take as long as 6 months with our temperature & moisture. I've just washed & used Meguires Professional quick detailer. Polishing compounds (wax free) can be used at any time you choose, I'm going to do a polish & buff this weekend and will finish with a wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts