Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon and happy Memorial Weekend!

just picked up a 2019 300S w/a Hemi. My first Chrysler but my 4th Mopar. I took advantage of the rental car market crash due to the pandemic and got one with 10,500 miles for just under 60% off original sticker....I just couldn’t pass it up. I finally have a Dodge, a Plymouth and a Chrysler!!!

Planning on a trac pak Suspension upgrade with bigger sway bars and upper Strut bars. Maybe a cold air intake.
I would really like to add a 3.23-3.55 gear in the rearend and add a sure grip (Limited Slip)to it. Does anyone have any experience with this swap???

Remember the reason for this holiday weekend. A big huge salute to all those in harms way so we can enjoy our freedoms as Americans!

Thank you!
Mike
Nags Head Nc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mike.

The Mopar Performance Suspension Upgrade Kit (part number P5155435AD, colloquially known as the "Super Track Pack Kit") is a nice upgrade. Just keep in mind that the springs in the kit will lower the car a bit. I bought the kit but didn't install the springs for that reason, it's worth it just to get the Bilstein dampers.

I went with upgraded swaybar bushings myself to bring the stock bars into play quicker. But if you like you can go with Pursuit bars for more roll stiffness. I wouldn't upgrade the front, just the rear. A stiffer rear bar will shift your handling balance away from understeer to a more neutral feel. Upgrading the front will push you right back towards understeer...a lot of guys don't understand that, they just assume the bigger the better, all around.

If you decide on a CAI, remember that most of them are just for looks and noise and won't improve performance at all.

Check your build sheet to see what's in your rear diff for now. There's a possibility that the S might already have 3.09s, which is a good choice for the street. You car still has a substantial amount of warranty left, I wouldn't swap in a 3.90 LSD just to give a dealer an excuse to bust my chops on a warranty claim down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard, Mike.

The Mopar Performance Suspension Upgrade Kit (part number P5155435AD, colloquially known as the "Super Track Pack Kit") is a nice upgrade. Just keep in mind that the springs in the kit will lower the car a bit. I bought the kit but didn't install the springs for that reason, it's worth it just to get the Bilstein dampers.

I went with upgraded swaybar bushings myself to bring the stock bars into play quicker. But if you like you can go with Pursuit bars for more roll stiffness. I wouldn't upgrade the front, just the rear. A stiffer rear bar will shift your handling balance away from understeer to a more neutral feel. Upgrading the front will push you right back towards understeer...a lot of guys don't understand that, they just assume the bigger the better, all around.

If you decide on a CAI, remember that most of them are just for looks and noise and won't improve performance at all.

Check your build sheet to see what's in your rear diff for now. There's a possibility that the S might already have 3.09s, which is a good choice for the street. You car still has a substantial amount of warranty left, I wouldn't swap in a 3.90 LSD just to give a dealer an excuse to bust my chops on a warranty claim down the road.
Thank you for the reply. It’s well thought out and spot on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
welcome to the sight and the cold air intakes are kinda over rated but the looks are amazing and sometimes they mess with the cars performance go on you tube i watch scotty kilmer he goes into details on car mods its really educational warning he don't like Chryslers but for mods and maintenance his advice is golden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts