Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post after introducing myself but I have some questions. I've searched for answers but I've only gotten bits and pieces so I figured I would just post and hope for help or direction.

First off, when I bought the car it was delivered with one key fob from a dodge that had lock/unlock and panic buttons but no remote start or trunk release. My car is equipped with remote start so I definitely want to get this feature going. Can I buy another fob from ebay or a person? Or do I have to go thru the dealer?

My second question is with the headunit. Is there any app or fix that allows my song data to be shown on the screen via bluetooth? My daugters iphone 6 can be plugged in via USB and all her album art and titles show on screen. My galaxy 6+ isnt recognized by the car via USB and bluetooth doesnt show any info. Whats the deal here?

Lastly I seem to have a tick coming from the engine that follows the engine speed. It cant be heard inside but outside its fairly obvious. The car is still under warranty so I'm not too concerned but could this be the dreaded head issue? The sound is coming from the left side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I have an update for those that have read but not replied to this thread. I took the car to the dealer last tuesday to have the alternator recall done and the tick looked at. We set an appointment for Monday (today) and I went on my way. Saturday I go run some errands and I hear hissing when I get out. Lo and behold I'm watching cream colored sludge pour out of the coolant bottle. I have no heat but the temp doesnt go down with increased speed so I'm fairly confident my head just failed. I have the car towed to the dealer and he calls me this morning asking for service records because he needs them to show to corporate for the NEW ENGINE they are calling for! I'm expecting a call soon to say that the repairs are covered (81k) and I can come pick up my rental.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts