Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.
I own a 2014 300S awd 3.6.
I had my airintake off and the sensor was disconnected. I mistakingly started engine for a couple seconds before i realized the sensor was disconnected. Threw a engine light. Shut off engine.
Is there a way to clear the engine malf light w/o a code scanner?
Can i just disconnect neg bat term?
I reinstalled airintake and sensor.
Not sure what to do from here. I have a code scanner which works on my 13 durango w a 3.6 pentastar, but got an link error when tryn to use on my 300. Code scanners is a basic thing...get in car close door plug in code reader press start button to acces and hit the scan button on reader. Then link error... My 300 has a push button start and no key. Ive owned my car 4 years and never had a engine malf light on b4. Newbie causing his own problems.
Okay. So it disconnected neg bat terminal for 45mins then reconnected it. Put the car to accesory now dislplay is asking me to enter a anti-theft code?!?!
Am i screwed? No idea what that is.
Soooo....
I just tried to start car and engine light is off and apparently the anti theft code wasnt needed.
I guess it reset itself!
Everything working fine now.
Gottah love modern technology. And be more careful. But still no idea why my scanner cen-tech #94169 gets a link error and doesnt work on my 300s 3.6 but works on my 13 durango sxt 3.6. Maybe time for a new code scan tool or if im doing something wrong.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think you'll find that you need to turn on your ignition for the code reader to link to your OBD port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello CtCarl)))
Do you mean by turning on ignition ...i pushed the ignition button to accesory but not twice to start vehicle. I did that and appears the scan tool is trying to read my car but after a minute or two reads "link error".
Thankyou for your response once again to try to help.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes, with push-to-start, you may need to have ignition on to link to a code reader. Try pressing the button twice without your foot on the brake, so that the ignition is on but the engine does not start.

If it still won't link, you can start the engine and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, with push-to-start, you may need to have ignition on to link to a code reader. Try pressing the button twice without your foot on the brake, so that the ignition is on but the engine does not start.

If it still won't link, you can start the engine and see if that does the trick.
THAT WORKED!!!!
YOU ARE AWESOME CtCarl!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH)))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pressed the button twice to start function w/o foot on brake. Feel like Neo in Matrix dodging bullets cause of you...
Thankyou again!;)🇺🇸

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello.
I own a 2014 300S awd 3.6.
I had my airintake off and the sensor was disconnected. I mistakingly started engine for a couple seconds before i realized the sensor was disconnected. Threw a engine light. Shut off engine.
Is there a way to clear the engine malf light w/o a code scanner?
Can i just disconnect neg bat term?
I reinstalled airintake and sensor.
Not sure what to do from here. I have a code scanner which works on my 13 durango w a 3.6 pentastar, but got an link error when tryn to use on my 300. Code scanners is a basic thing...get in car close door plug in code reader press start button to acces and hit the scan button on reader. Then link error... My 300 has a push button start and no key. Ive owned my car 4 years and never had a engine malf light on b4. Newbie causing his own problems.
Okay. So it disconnected neg bat terminal for 45mins then reconnected it. Put the car to accesory now dislplay is asking me to enter a anti-theft code?!?!
Am i screwed? No idea what that is.
Soooo....
I just tried to start car and engine light is off and apparently the anti theft code wasnt needed.
I guess it reset itself!
Everything working fine now.
Gottah love modern technology. And be more careful. But still no idea why my scanner cen-tech #94169 gets a link error and doesnt work on my 300s 3.6 but works on my 13 durango sxt 3.6. Maybe time for a new code scan tool or if im doing something wrong.
I own a very exspensive diagnostics machine and for some reason it will not read mine as well. Im thinking they are bipassing the abd11 port and hooking up under the hood just before the pcm. Not sure myself. If anyone has that answer i would be very interested myself.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I own a very exspensive diagnostics machine and for some reason it will not read mine as well. Im thinking they are bipassing the abd11 port and hooking up under the hood just before the pcm. Not sure myself. If anyone has that answer i would be very interested myself.
Um...the OP's issue, as was explained upthread, was that his 300 has pushbutton start. So to get his scanner to link, he had to press the start button twice with his foot off the brake, to put the car in "run" mode without starting the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Um...the OP's issue, as was explained upthread, was that his 300 has pushbutton start. So to get his scanner to link, he had to press the start button twice with his foot off the brake, to put the car in "run" mode without starting the engine.
Ive done that still no reading thought i was my line but when hooked to both my trucks reads just fine. I get power thru port but no link other than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts