Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forums today looking for information on how to add a new sub-woofer. I read through the big sub-woofer install post but it's a bit over my head right now.

Here's what I have and what my question is. I have a Chrysler 300S with the Beats audio package. There's the small sub-woofer in the trunk on the right hand side. What I also have (Uninstalled) is a sub-woofer box with two 10" Kickers from a previous vehicle.

What I'd like to know is can I add this box with the two 10" Kickers to the system or maybe even replace the current woofer that is in there?

Happy to provide some pictures if someone is interested.

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your Kicker setup active, with a separate amp?
Hi there,

No it's just the box right now. Like I said I don't know much. I was kind of hoping that there was some type of amplifier in the trunk of my car powering the sub that's already there and I could tap into that or replace it. Before I went exploring the trunk and wiring I was hoping to get some insight from someone who may have worked the same thing.

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

No it's just the box right now. Like I said I don't know much. I was kind of hoping that there was some type of amplifier in the trunk of my car powering the sub that's already there and I could tap into that or replace it. Before I went exploring the trunk and wiring I was hoping to get some insight from someone who may have worked the same thing.

Cheers,

Adam
The amp that is there will probably not power the 2 10's that you have. you will have to add a power wire and tap into the head unit that you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts