Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add!
Im Chewy, Ive like the 300s since they first came out. I finally bought one 3 months ago.
I have a 07 Touring model. It has high miles but looks like it was taken care of. Interior isn't hurt, not even the center console. Paint is in very good condition and only 2 dents on entire car. A door ding on the rear right quarter panel and a small denton rear left quarter panel on the wheel well lip.
Its Silver but have plans on painting it black. After fixing the dents first, Of course.
I got 22" wheels for Christmas but haven't put them on yet because I need to buy tires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am sure you like the look of the 22" wheels and that is cool, but I think youw will find they leave something to be desired as far as ride is concerned. I am a factory wheel guy, found these 18's with 90% tread tires from an 04 300M for $300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi my names pat i just wanted to ask a quick question, im very new to the car scene i just wanted to know what should i look for in a after market exhaust, my 300 is from 2006 with a 2.7 liter motor

·
Registered
60 Posts
I mean no disrespect, but other than making it louder, a custom exhaust won't accomplish much on a 2.7L. I still believe the only reason the 2.7L and 42RLE combination was offered in the LX cars was to convince potential buyers to spend the extra $3K on a Touring. I replaced 7 bad 2.7L engines with wrecking yard 3.2 and 3.5L engines in 88 to 115K Intrepid's during the 00's. And DC actually derated the engine from 200HP in 04 to 190 in 05 when they put it in the 300/Magnum (a heavier car) mating it with the 42RLE which was the Intrepid's transmission converted to RWD. There was no reason they couldn't have put 3.5's in all of them and just detuned the computer to put out 225HP for the base cars. Using only 1 V6 like today would have saved them money actually and allowed them to offer a better product. I apologize for my rant, I am not smack talking your car, just DC for offering a less capable and dependable product when it wasn't necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts