Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody that has a Nitrous setup please PM me.....i left the performance shop today with nitrous on my mind...they have a charger there they just put Nitrous on....but i didnt have time to ask them everything i want and i know some of my questions will be stupid......:D

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Ask away. I even spoke personally with Mike Thermos - founder of the NOS brand over 25 years ago. He had awesome advice.

No question's too dumb. It's not a very well understood subject. I'll answer what I can, and direct you to other sources as needed.

Or you can call me.

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Also shoot Moose a PM, he knows alot about N02. Between him and JMatt you should be able to find out everything there is to know about it.

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Also shoot Moose a PM, he knows alot about N02. Between him and JMatt you should be able to find out everything there is to know about it.
Yup - I see Moose online right now too. He was a lot earlier with nitrous than I was, and he gave me a lot of advice too.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt...i will probably call you, but can you please help me with these questions......
What is the difference between a "wet" nitrous kit and a "dry" nitrous kit?
What is better, a "wet" or "dry" kit?
What will nitrous do to my engine long term?
Where did you put your bottle?
Where did you put your switches (heater etc)
How long does a bottle last?
it there actually a switch to spray like you see in fast and furious?
Can i keep my B&G with Nitrous?
I heard you have to change your spark plugs? True?
How about my fuel pump...do i need to change that???
Do you have a purge kit???if so..where is it?

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Matt...i will probably call you, but can you please help me with these questions......
What is the difference between a "wet" nitrous kit and a "dry" nitrous kit?
What is better, a "wet" or "dry" kit?
What will nitrous do to my engine long term?
Where did you put your bottle?
Where did you put your switches (heater etc)
How long does a bottle last?
it there actually a switch to spray like you see in fast and furious?
Can i keep my B&G with Nitrous?
I heard you have to change your spark plugs? True?
How about my fuel pump...do i need to change that???
Do you have a purge kit???if so..where is it?
First - read this thread: http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1993

Then come back here and I'll have another post up specifically answering all of these questions.

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Q: What is the difference between a "wet" nitrous kit and a "dry" nitrous kit?
A: "wet" means it injects gasoline along with the nitrous. "Dry" means it only injects nitrous. Some GM vehicles with mass airflow sensors had injectors that were robust enough to compensate for the addition of nitrous by themselves, and only a dry kit was needed. Our cars use what's called a speed-density system. You virtually MUST use a wet system on our cars.
Q: What is better, a "wet" or "dry" kit?
A: See above - for our cars a wet system is virtually a must. Our cars won't "see" the addition of the nitrous, and you'll run very lean, and rapidly total your engine.
Q: What will nitrous do to my engine long term?
A: Any time you add horsepower you cut down on engine life. The benefit of nitrous is it's only stressing your engine when you use it. In the last month, I've run the 1/4 mile 5 times on nitrous. That's 50 total seconds. Anything else you do is stressing your engine 100% of the time. Beyond that, build it right, build it safe, and it's as or more reliable than any other power adder.
Q: Where did you put your bottle?
A: I put mine in the spare tire well because we don't have a spare tire anyway. Stealthy that way. Others mountit on the far left side of the trunk above the trunk platform.
Q: Where did you put your switches (heater etc)
A: See my thread. I used the cupholder mount. Works great for me. Others put switchbanks by the driver's side knee, or in the area in front of the shift bezel.
Q: How long does a bottle last?
A: In theory, about 6 1/4 mile runs. In reality, I'd refill after 4 runs to maintain top performance.

Q: it there actually a switch to spray like you see in fast and furious?
A: There can be, but the most common way to do it today is to use an arming switch, and a wide open throttle switch.
Q: Can i keep my B&G with Nitrous?
A: Yes. Many people don't recommend it, but that advice is generally outdated. Our cars will automatically retard timing when they sense knock. Of course, the better strategy is to avoid knock all together, and not rely on the knock sensors retarding the timing. I use 100 octane race fuel at the track, and don't have knock issues, even with the B&G Stage II.
Q: I heard you have to change your spark plugs? True?
A: For best results - true. I used NGK 2315 Iridium plugs. Some say don't use Iridium. The problem with Iridium is you're not supposed to change the gap on the Iridium plugs, which you need to do. The reason you're not supposed to change the gap is because people break the plugs when trying. So use Iridium if you like...and be careful when gapping the plugs.
Q: How about my fuel pump...do i need to change that???
A: For a 125HP shot - no. ZEX told me that they have 150HP shot jets that will work with their kit on our cars, but at that point you need to improve the fuel pump.
Q: Do you have a purge kit???if so..where is it?
A: Yep. See my thread for solenoid placement. The purge is currently coming out at the top of the hood all the way on the driver's side. It gets hilarious amounts of attention!
Any more?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matt.......awesome bro...thanks so much for taking the time to answer those....that helps so much....i am pumped up and you make some great points about stressing the engine......whats it cost to refill your bottle?

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Matt.......awesome bro...thanks so much for taking the time to answer those....that helps so much....i am pumped up and you make some great points about stressing the engine......whats it cost to refill your bottle?
$3.50 per pound is the best price near me. Another place charges $5.00 per pound.

I think anywhere in that range is a reasonable expectation.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
JMatt-
It is members like you that make this forum great. So much help & without a consulting fee!
:D

·
Registered
938 Posts
holy $5 pound!!!

It's roughly $3.15 around this area....

Just so you know, i have my nitrous kit for sale!! woot woot!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts