Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring. And I was wanting to know if the dash board is equipped to use dash speakers. I have wire mesh covers but no speakers, and are their any connectors inside or do I have to run my own wires.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring. And I was wanting to know if the dash board is equipped to use dash speakers. I have wire mesh covers but no speakers, and are their any connectors inside or do I have to run my own wires.
Welcome aboard, Anthony.

It's hard to say for sure without knowing exactly what audio package you've got. You might have connectors, and if you do, the harness running to the head unit may or may not be complete. Even if it is, your factory radio (if that's what you're using) might not support them.

I believe on your 300 you can just pop the grills off and take a look. Use a plastic spudger or pry tool and work your way around carefully. If you can't get the angle to see inside the dash once the grill is off, use a cell camera to record a little video.

If you have trouble getting the grills off, drop your glovebox and get somebody with skinny arms to feel around up under the dash for the connectors.

If the connectors are there, use any VOM to see if they're live. If they are, you can either buy a set of stock Chrysler speakers or aftermarket units and adapters. As long as the wiring is there and has output, it's an easy job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts