·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing :(

My 2006 300C w/5.7 has 120,000 miles. :) now 120,700

I got in and was driving and noticed the odometer says

A 725.0.

Everything else displays correctly, no check engine light, and just did the key dance and no codes. Have not had any codes except over a year ago the Gas Cap warning, but then it stopped. Had another code maybe 4 months ago, but then it stopped after a few days. Don't remember what it was.

After a week I have it now saying A 805.8

Just did an oil and filter change and next day off is the plugs.

I still have the original O2 sensors (overdue, I know), and everything else is also original, (MAP and other sensors, even the thermostat).

Any ideas what the F this is?

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
Dude..............

That's one of two trip calculators.... A & B. You can cycle through your total miles and both trips.

Depending on your options, press the little black stem coming out of the cluster or you have to do it through your steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you kidding me? That makes sense, but...

I have had this car since 2006 and never seen the odometer display this. I know how to go the the A and B trip odometer, which is different. I'll post some pics later today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odometer stuck showing the A trip odometer

Ok - here are the pics. I usually have the first one displayed with the true odometer at the bottom, which should say 120,800 miles.

I cycled thru them. then I went back to the Trip A and reset it. Next post will show back to 0.

Read thru the manual - it does not say one word that you can display the trip odometer like this, and of course, either how to get it back to show the display without the A trip odometer. :(

Any ideas? :4-dontknow:

I sure hope my computer is not going haywire.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A trip reset

Here is the reset A trip odometer.

BTW - right now, the only way to see what the total mileage is is when I open the door - it displays.

So right now, no matter what screen I am looking at the A trip odometer is showing instead of the total mileage.

Maybe this is some "undocumented feature" ?? Sure would be nice to know how to get it back to the regular odometer reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what happens when you push the little stick between your RPM and temp gauges?
When I read your post I was thinking that there wasno little stick there, because this has the fi=ull electronic dash. But, I waited until I went outside to drive today to see to make sure.

Yep - it is there, and when I pushed it it changed to B, then another push change it to the regular odometer. Now, I have never used this, and the day I was driving, I ***KNOW*** that I did not reach behind the steering wheel to push it.

Looking back at the owner's manual, it does discuss this, but NOT in the area of the manual that I was looking where it shows how to cycle through all the settings using the buttons on the steering wheel!!

Thanks again for helping someone figure something out. Don't have any idea how it got changed like this.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Seems like a happy ending, good stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ha,..... man that's funny! :) You could have hit it if you cleaned you screen off.
I do that all the time.
I use trip A for inbetween gas fill ups to see what I really get in milage.
I use trip B in between oil changes to see what the milage is if I do it myself.
Then the true odemiter for total car milage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LOL - I think I knoiw how that little black stick got pushed. On day I was trying to mount a holder for my GPS - the kind with a suction cup that you attach to the windshield. I tried different places, and one was on the instrument panel. It would not suction to that though. I musta hit it when I was trying that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts