Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading my front door and rear deck speakers and also decided to upgrade the OEM amp from the BA to the 77KICK18AB. Well, when I pulled everything off to verify my current oem amp it wasn't where I thought. I didn't do the install when my Kenwood DDX512 was put in, so is the amp in a different location or was it removed and my head unit is driving my speakers? Shouldn't the amp be next to the transmission control module? Anyway take a gander at the pic of the underside of the steering column and provide some feedback. Oh the speakers I'm going to: probably the Boston Acoustics SC95 (6x9) for the door, and Polk MOMO (6x9) for the rear deck. I've been tryin to sell the MOMO's forever with no takers, so F it, jus gonna install em.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
very odd the plate is there but your amp is not.
take a look at this thread you can see the amp clear as day.
http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=18672

but just because you dont have the amp in there and assuming you once did doesnt mean the cable isnt there somewhere to attach a new amo.
Yes it is odd, totally took me by surprise. I'm gonna get with my installer on friday and see what's up. Does it make any difference that I have a Limited? Looking at the installation instructions for the amp on another site it only references the 300C.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
no makes no difference, i think you could of had any 300 built with the sound package of your choice. PS i have a limited/touring and my amp is in the same location. I believe you had one because with a base sound system which doesnt have an amp there was no subwoofer in the rear deck. the only subwoofer in the rear deck is the better boston sound package. maybe the the installer shouldnt be trusted and is making a few bucks off your unused parts, another reason installers piss me off.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no makes no difference, i think you could of had any 300 built with the sound package of your choice. PS i have a limited/touring and my amp is in the same location. I believe you had one because with a base sound system which doesnt have an amp there was no subwoofer in the rear deck. the only subwoofer in the rear deck is the better boston sound package. maybe the the installer shouldnt be trusted and is making a few bucks off your unused parts, another reason installers piss me off.
I'm trying to find the box my HU came in, and see if it's in there. I distinctly remember talking to him about adding aftermarket speakers with an external amp when my HU was installed, and they said it was a pain in the ass because of the crossovers in the oem amp. I'll jus be in limbo for a few days until the mystery is solved.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
I'm trying to find the box my HU came in, and see if it's in there. I distinctly remember talking to him about adding aftermarket speakers with an external amp when my HU was installed, and they said it was a pain in the ass because of the crossovers in the oem amp. I'll jus be in limbo for a few days until the mystery is solved.
hmmm what the said doesnt make a lot of sense the crossovers on the amp are internall on the amp, if you bypass the amp for an aftermarket then the oem amp will have no effect on your speakers. but thats alright. hopefully the amp is in the HU box....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts