Chrysler 300 forum banner

OEM Radio To GPs Swap out

9K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  rreichert 
#1 · (Edited)
If i was swaping out the 300c radio to an OEM GPS Involved?

#4 ·
depends what year 300 you have. if you have 05-07 300 and plan to go with the rec navigation then its all plug and play no additional harness will be needed besides the purchase of a gps antenna. If you have a 08 and want the my gig navigation then its plug and play as long as you choose the right speed unit, which i believe is the slow speed one. If you have a 05-07 and you want my gig in your car then a special lockpick harness is required which will be approximately $250.

#5 ·
Not a cheap mod lol but its an 05 and im just looking to see if using a stock GPs unit would be cheaper than aftermarket, either way ill more than likely would need the bezel. and if it would be easier since i wouldnt have to tamper with the wiring system. another thing is where does the GPS antenna go?

#6 ·
Not a cheap mod lol but its an 05 and im just looking to see if using a stock GPs unit would be cheaper than aftermarket, either way ill more than likely would need the bezel.
ok then you're right, you will need the navigation bezel the rec navigation and a gps antenna. Check our for sale section out kelewdro (sp?) aka chris is selling a rec for around $500. But the rec will be completely plug and play unplug you radio and simply plug in the rec.

#7 ·
Todd made a good point. if you are going the mygig route then youll need the said lockpick. They are all plug and play. as for the antenna, you can either place it behind the bezel in between the 2 vents or underside of the center dash speaker grill if you don't have a center dash speaker there.

#12 ·
Todd made a good point. if you are going the mygig route then youll need the said lockpick. They are all plug and play. as for the antenna, you can either place it behind the bezel in between the 2 vents or underside of the center dash speaker grill if you don't have a center dash speaker there.
doesn't seem as involved as i thought it would be. seams like the hardest part is finding the stuff you would need to install them

#15 ·
depends what year 300 you have. if you have 05-07 300 and plan to go with the rec navigation then its all plug and play no additional harness will be needed besides the purchase of a gps antenna. If you have a 08 and want the my gig navigation then its plug and play as long as you choose the right speed unit, which i believe is the slow speed one. If you have a 05-07 and you want my gig in your car then a special lockpick harness is required which will be approximately $250.

I have taught you well grasshopper :)

Yep, pretty much what todd said. if you dont already have a sirius receiver in the trunk, and you want that with the REC youll need to buy it. With a Mygig sirius is built into the headunit.

ohhh and Ill vouch for Kelodwro too....he's trustworthy

#16 ·
yup, if you are still looking for a rec headunit. i just did this upgrade 2 weeks ago on my 05 touring with no problem. everything is plug and play and i installed nav antenna under the grill where the center speaker goes in the dash. everything works flawlessly and i did inmotion hack on it also. if u are still looking for one i know someone who is selling one for 300 with the nav bezel. so all you would need is the antenna, and i would just charge whatever it should be to ship it to you which should only be about 20 bucks im assuming.

#17 ·
so basically you can get this all done for 350 if u got nav from me with the bezel and got the antenna for 30 off of ebay.

#20 ·
ebay is your friend and foe :) or those bezels/ rec nav pop on here and on Lx forum now and then. Never buy it from dealer, they'll just rip you a new one lol yup the hardest part is finding all the parts that's cheapest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.