Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 300 Touring that I’m having troubles with the transmission. The transmission has a tendency to chug, or hard shift locking the car to a max RPM of 2750 at about 55 mph, or when trying to downshift to pass the gas pedal becomes unresponsive with the occasional engine light. All these problems can fix by pulling over to the side of the road shifting to park and turning the engine off and then back on. The engine light sometimes stays on for a day or two but self extinguishes.

Thanks for the help and advice.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you read the code you are getting?

Sounds like the transmission is going into limp mode. It might be that your transmission control module needs a reflash or you may have some other mechanical problem.

How many miles on the car?

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
welcome to the z from north tx and hopefully you get that issue figured out soon :wavey:

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Welcome to 300CForumZ, from Barrie, Ontario, Canada! Glad to have you join us here! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
:smileup: Nice to have you join us here on the Z!!! FWIW, I believe there are a lot of CEL's that will clear themselves, if they aren't replicated again within 3 trouble free cycles. Do you have an EVIC in your car? If you do are you getting any codes? Hope it's not that big of a fix for you. Enjoy the forum...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts