Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says the car will notify me when to change the oil based on my driving habits but not to go over 8,000 miles. I normally change oil at 3,500 miles and rotate tires every other oil change. I finally had the oil changed at 5,200 miles. I couldn't wait until I was told. The service manager said there was no preset or duration resets on the mileage. Has anyone waited on the car to tell them to change the oil and at what mileage to do it?

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Are these notification alert on special models and does it appear on the EVIC or somewhere else? I don't think I ever seen it on my car but then again I usually change them around 3000 mile (takes about 6+ month to reach that lol ) But wouldn't hurt to change it around 5000mile or even early though.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Are these notification alert on special models and does it appear on the EVIC or somewhere else? I don't think I ever seen it on my car but then again I usually change them around 3000 mile (takes about 6+ month to reach that lol ) But wouldn't hurt to change it around 5000mile or even early though.
Idk about the newer models but I know there were service reminder options in the NAV menu in my Daytona.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We change ours about every 3500 with full synthetic. If it goes a bit longer than that I don't get too worked up with the full synthetic, but my husband and I try to change our oil around the same time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Direct from the manual:
"Oil Change Due message will display in the EVIC......" "The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon your personal driving style."

The car is a 2011 300 C, 5.7 engine. The color is called Tungsten which is not in the profile chart, magnesium is the closest. The car also has some extras that I have not had befor:
Rear Fog Lights
Auto dim high beam
Steering directed head lights
Park assist
Tilt side mirrors when in reverse
Blind spot alert
Back up camera
Rain sensing auto wipers
Hill start assist
Passive entry
Remote start
Heated F & R seats
Vented F seats
Easy exit seat
Phone Bluetooth connection
Sirius setup
Rear window sun screen
Adaptive cruise control
Forward collision warning
Water, engine oil, transmission temps
Electronic power steering
Tire pressure monitering (shows 4 tires w/air pressure for each)
Voice commands
Multi-displacement engine system (shuts off 4 cylinders when cruising, have gotten
25 mpg on interstate)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2009 AWD limted 300.

I comes up for me right on the dahs display around the 3000 mile mark.
when I have it changed the tech. resets it for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2012 V6 came at 3980 on center dispay. It only popped up once and I had it done as I was out of town visiting my daughter. I wonderd if it should have kept notifying me cause it didn't I just happened to see it the one time when I started it up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2011 V6
Every 13000km's or 6 months whatever comes first. Or if told to change on the message display - in Canada.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sitting at around 10,000 KM on my current oil and it's still a healthy, delicious colour. Granted, all my driving is highway so I don't put a lot of wear on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are running a high quality synthetic oil and a good filter, you are wasting money changing the oil every 3000 or 3500 miles.

I'm running Amsoil and Amsoil filters and change my oil once a year, no matter what the mileage. I would probably change it at 12,000 miles no matter what, but we only drive about 10,000 miles a year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The last time I had my oil change on my 2011 300 LTD, the service station did not re-set the oil change notification and it appeared on my info. screen a few weeks after my oil change.....make sure your technician re-sets it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my first oil change today (09/27/2014) on my 2014 300 at 8034 miles but never received a notification to do so. I decided it was time and was not going to wait for a notification. :shakehead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts