Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for the last few days when i leave my house the oil pressure light comes on, and the chime comes on. Just as quickly as it comes on, it goes away.

i have been monitoring this closely so i could get as much info to you guys as possible.

few variables to consider.

1. holy buckets its cold here. now i know you canadians and mid west folks will laugh. but 28-35 degrees is COLD. when its low 40s and above, which it will be on Saturday, it doesn't kick on.

2. Initially, when I hammer it the PSI drops anywhere from 3-8 and as i cruise, jumps back to mid 20s

3. If i have the heat on, and the car is warm, i dont see the oil pressure light come on

i am due for an oil change, and was crossing my fingers that would resolve the issue. I do understand, however, that is probably naive. Anyways, do you guys think i should bring her in and get that oil switch changed? Look for leaks? is it an anomale due to cold weather or something else I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
My oil is at 52-53 at cruise on Mobil 1 0W-40W. I doubt that I cruise faster than you. I have 98k milrs

GET IT CHECKED!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow ok. Mine before this has always been at mid 30s

Side note I had it in park at idle and the engine temp shot up to over 270 and coolant wwas overflowing.

Anyways I send her in tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Start with an engine and radiator reverse flush.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she went in. i will get the engine and radiator flush. he will also check the fan, radiator, water pump, blah blah blah

im really nervous about the oil pressure issue. What are the odds something is cracked and i have to get an engine replaced. IM FREAKING OUT HERE

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
The 6.1s are not prone to do a swan dive. Maybe a leak. Could even be a poor ground somewhere.

Keep your gin up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts