Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked in my trunk out of curiosity (and never corssed my mind to ask the stealership on this when I bought it) and I cannot find a spare tire or jack anywhere?

WTF?....... LOL

Is this correct that these cars have no spare tire or jack?

I spend my life on the road and GD if I blow a tire I'm screwed :att:

I better get CAA.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
that is correct. you should have a combination compressor and fix-a-flat unit in the lower tray. The spare tire well is too small for a stock 20" tire and wheel, I guess. I haven't tried to fit one in there so someone else may have better info here.

A space saver spare would not work...they won't clear the Brembo calipers.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is correct. you should have a combination compressor and fix-a-flat unit in the lower tray. The spare tire well is too small for a stock 20" tire and wheel, I guess. I haven't tried to fit one in there so someone else may have better info here.

A space saver spare would not work...they won't clear the Brembo calipers.
Thanks MADDOG - I am still getting used to this car and domestics in general. Don't get me wrong - I love this car and holy crap it is awesome - no regrets at all.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
put a spare on the roof? just kidding a lot of guys including like cibalo and meech prob you too michael, have picked up a 5th srt8 wheel and tire so if anything goes wrong you just temporary fix it go home and swap the srt8 spare on. I know it sucks not to be able to have one but luckily this would keep you from having the whole car have to go in for service for a tire problem or bent rim or something of that nature.,

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I've thought about doing so, Todd but never experimented with it.

If the fix a flat and compressor don't do the trick, that's what cel phones and AAA are for...LMAO!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
They could've included an extra srt8 wheel as spare, but then again were talking about chrysler and any other cost cutting bastids :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to even know what an SRT8 rime is worth...LOL

I just took off the RSA's and sent all four out to get refinished and polished and I bought all new OEM centre caps as well.

Come on Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
few srt8 rims come up for sale for really great price, one of these days I'm going to snatch tm up even though I hope never to use/need for beautiful srt8 spare :)

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Isn't there some way to mod the trunk area to put a spare in there? I know you SRT8 guys have that "fix a flat" thing, but it would be more reassuring to have an actual wheel and tire back there..especially if alot of damage was done to a rim and tire!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
The TPMS gives ample warning for normal puncture wounds. I have had one flat in 78k miles and used the clean air side of the pump to get me to a tire shop.

I have got better **** to worry about

does that Rustang want to race?

am I going to get laid tonight?

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
The TPMS gives ample warning for normal puncture wounds. I have had one flat in 78k miles and used the clean air side of the pump to get me to a tire shop.

LMAO! Your awesome Ray!:smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
:wave: What you guys didn't get one? JK...friggin' fix-a-flat!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I picked up a 17" spare donut out of a 300C, a small scissor jack, and folding 4way and fits in the wheel well. It clear's the rotor and caliper on the rear but not the front, can move a rear to the front if I had to, don't like the idea of being stuck even though I have AAA.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
few srt8 rims come up for sale for really great price, one of these days I'm going to snatch tm up even though I hope never to use/need for beautiful srt8 spare :)
Make a cool coffee table out of it. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
I was told that omitting the spare was for better front to back weight distribution so why did they move the battery to the trunk. To keep it away from heat?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

Yeah, that's important! I wasn't too concerned about the spare....hell....I ain't changing it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts