Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of these Mods actually void the warranty if any? from CAI to Lowering to Sway Barring to Catch Cans and etc. Please i need to know because i'm paying extra on my monthly car notes for my bumper to bumper coverage on engine, electronic and so on and so forth...

BTW I'm just curious but it doesnt mean that it will change my mind on Modding >: )

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
the predator will void the warranty if you leave the tune in the car when you take it in. The only time you'll have a problem is if the dealer can prove that the mod was the cause of the problem, then that will void the warranty

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the predator will void the warranty if you leave the tune in the car when you take it in. The only time you'll have a problem is if the dealer can prove that the mod was the cause of the problem, then that will void the warranty
The predator is normally never an issue from what I've read around this place, right?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
it won't be a problem as long as you put the stock tune back in before you take it to the dealer for service

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so besides the predator... No other mods will cause me warranty issues?

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
This is something that has been brought up when it comes to mods and warranties

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

When I lowered my car I asked the dealer about it and at first they said it would void the warranty but I asked if they were sure, They called be back and said that it wouldn't.

I would say it is pretty much up to the dealer if they want to screw with you. All the stuff you mentioned are not major things that would totally void anything. Like what was said they would have to prove it ...

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
yes according to dealer, changing your lightbulb is considered void warranty :) Like stillbad said, they have to prove that the mod was the cause.

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
The act that Brad linked is great Lee . The warranty is not one end all be all part . It is broken up into pieces .The federal law protects us against this kind of dealer **** . The dealer would have to prove that the aftermarket non OEM part you installed caused the failure of whatever brought you to the dealership to repair . The OEM part you replaced would not be covered of course . If you put on a pair of HHP stage 2 heads......your wiper motor will still be covered , etc . If you run a tune on the predator......simply push a button and return back to stock tune and take it in ( leave the predator home ) . I have a 7/70 bumper to bumper and i have taken apart the motor and replaced the internals . Never been an issue . Doesn't stop some suck hole dealers from trying but drop the old federal act on them and tell them to STFU . I have a mod friendly dealer and a top notch service guy ( AJ/Hemituner @ westbury jeep/chrysler ) that is great to deal with if you ever have any issues . I can PM you his contact info if you need it . Don't let the warranty stop you from enjoying your car your way . Alot of people misunderstand that .

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
What they can't do is disclaim warranty for an OEM part that fails that is not associated with a mod you have made. For instance, they cannot void your powertrain warranty because you installed a BT trunk wing. I know that's pretty far apart but I use it to demonstrate how it works.

Now, if you lowered the car with springs and your stock shocks failed, they could void any warranty you had on the shocks. Or, if you had installed a set of heads, a cam, headers, etc...and your engine spun a main bearing, they could void the warranty.

What's nice about the Predator is that you can easily download your stock tune back to the car in minutes before you take it in to the dealer. It does not leave a "ghost" dataset on the PCM and they'd never know it had been installed.

The Magnuson Act (google it) is the complete treatise on what the rights are of the buyer and seller with respects to consumer warranty terms. Check it out.

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
I had an issue...still do with a bubble on the dash...the district manager wouldnt warranty a replacement because I had pulled the bezel out and painted it
Now we all know that didnt do it...and I didnt have the time or patience to fight him on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts