Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a DC Sports strut bar earlier today and only have a couple more BT items left that still need to be shipped out along with deciding what color to powdercoat the bar along with the billet strut covers and then that will leave only one last thing left to finally complete my engine bay! :biggrin:

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics that I took earlier:

While I wait for the last couple of BT items to arrive, I need to decide if I should powdercoat the bar and billet covers in gloss black or some shade of blue and also which color for which item?

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to ask, but if anyone with an SRT8 with the same DC Sports strut bar that has billet or BT strut covers installed, please let me know how you were able to get the smaller covers to stay on since they don't completely tighten down anymore due to the thickness of the bar.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks man! That is actually what I am leaning towards at the moment but then I remembered that I still have to get the intake manifold ported and powder coated in either gloss black or some shade of blue :rolleyes:
On the intake I would go with blue (just my opinion) I wouldn't want to much black under there and have everything get lost.

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
Lookin' good man! Ever thing of getting the strut bar and caps polished? :smileup:

Also forgot to ask, but if anyone with an SRT8 with the same DC Sports strut bar that has billet or BT strut covers installed, please let me know how you were able to get the smaller covers to stay on since they don't completely tighten down anymore due to the thickness of the bar.
As for the smaller caps I believe most are using a little bit of silicon sealer. Shoot some into the cap and install the cap. Let it dry and BAM! Easy to get off too whenever you need it.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the intake I would go with blue (just my opinion) I wouldn't want to much black under there and have everything get lost.
I might just go with both black and blue since I can't decide which color to go with lol

Lookin' good man! Ever thing of getting the strut bar and caps polished? :smileup:

As for the smaller caps I believe most are using a little bit of silicon sealer. Shoot some into the cap and install the cap. Let it dry and BAM! Easy to get off too whenever you need it.
Thanks man! Another member did mention getting the strut bar polished but not too sure though.

Yeah the silicone method seems to be the best one :smileup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts