Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn car off, dash lights stay on.Radio stopped working. Take cable from battery, leave off for 10 min. Dash lights stay off until next time started. Radio doesn't play no matter what.Sounds like a dealer trip? Thanks, Jazzy blue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn car off, dash lights stay on.Radio stopped working. Take cable from battery, leave off for 10 min. Dash lights stay off until next time started. Radio doesn't play no matter what.Sounds like a dealer trip? Thanks, Jazzy blue
Hello there, Ive had my 2015 300s for 4months and within the last week my radio has stopped producing sound (aux,BT,AM,FM,Sirus Xm it all will play and connect but not a bit of sound) and my dash board lights wont go off when my cars shut off? We’ve done the same as you with unhooking the battery and we’ve checked all of the fuses we’re looking to take the amp out next, my uncle said it’s the head unit but I’m just wanting some extra opinions so if anyone else has had this problem and could lead me as to what could be causing this? And possibly how to go about fixing it.

p.s. on a kinda unrelated note my key fob also never works unless it’s being pressed directly into my push start button, it could be in my hand just not the finger pushing it and it still wont work, my key locks and unlocks fine (usually) remote start works (as of recent) but we’ve replaced the fob battery and it’s been reprogrammed for my car but I have no clue and I dont necessarily want to have to get a new expensive key fob from Chrysler. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
515 Posts
p.s. on a kinda unrelated note my key fob also never works unless it’s being pressed directly into my push start button, it could be in my hand just not the finger pushing it and it still wont work, my key locks and unlocks fine (usually) remote start works (as of recent) but we’ve replaced the fob battery and it’s been reprogrammed for my car but I have no clue and I dont necessarily want to have to get a new expensive key fob from Chrysler. Any help is appreciated
You absolutely do not have to buy an expensive key fob from Chrysler.

You can buy a fob from that big auction website, and use AlfaOBD (possibly also Appcar's DiagFCA, I've never tried) and an inexpensive Bluetooth OBD adapter to program it yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This being my Wife's car, I forgot as the problem seemed to go away. As Jordan 300 described, my friend had the same problem. Turned out to be the battery. Seems when the battery is low or is old, it will cause problems like we are experiencing. This person's battery was 9 yrs.old. Ours is over 7 yrs.old. Guess the on coming winter will be a good test. Thanks ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts