Chrysler 300 forum banner

P0700 and U0100 Help, info, your 2 cents please.

27K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Curious Joe 
#1 ·
Hello all. I have a 06 Chrysler 300C that recently would stall within 30-45 seconds after starting. It runs fine and then It would just drop off like the key was turned off. It does not do this every time I start it. The first few times that It happened, just restarted and had no other notable problems. Then after starting it one time it locked on the engine light, and upon pulling the code with my code reader it showed the P0700 (which I know is just a mil request) and it pointed to the TCM, which had the code U0100. This being U0100 - Lost Communication With Engine Control Module, with these listed as the only possible causes.
Possible causes
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection

I realize that there are some on here that say a low trans level can cause this as well as spark plugs. Anyway, Based on what I've read hear and other places, it seams that 99% of the time it ends up being the PCM. which is covered under the 8-80000 fed wty as I understand. And I've read that the TCM should store a code, and can store a history of the last 5 episodes. A note here I want to say that every time that the car has stalled, it does not always show the P0700 DTC, but always showed the TCM's code U0100. So based on this info, I take the car to the dealer just after the car stall, I pull the code up on my reader, and there's the U0100, so I figure good they will see this and we are on our way to getting the car repaired. I get to the dealer they check the car and tell me no codes. I show them my reader with the U0100 on it and they tell me no code, nothing can be done. OK, so off I go with no codes. ?? Where did they go? Anyway a week later ( I don't drive the car every day) I start her up and -stall. no p code but there's that U0100 on the TCM. Humm? off to the dealer . I leave it for diag. and later in the day they tell me no stall no codes. Again where would they go? I've read that the damn thing should take about 40 key cycles to clear, not dump the TCM ? Anyway the dealer keeps the car and try to see it code or stall. It stalls for them, but hey no codes?? So now Corp is called in and the dealer now under Corp's direction, have flashed the PCM, and changed all of the plugs and replaced all of the coils. Now we are waiting to see if it stalls again. today they called and said that the car has not stalled,( didn't stall every time anyway, dealer had car for three days before it did it for them) and will follow up with me tomorrow.

Thoughts guys and girls? I'm baffled at the fact they see nothing in the tcm, but my reader does. Thanks Rock
:kap:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.